• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper pivot frozen

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
One of my wiper pivots is very tight. I tried pb blaster on it but not helping. Anyone know how to take it apart?

I have a set available if you post a picture of it then maybe we can match it up. That why I bought this set because mine were frozen on my 70 GTX. But car was sold so I have no need for these.

IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1081.JPG
I have a set available if you post a picture of it then maybe we can match it up. That why I bought this set because mine were frozen on my 70 GTX. But car was sold so I have no need for these.
Here is the passenger pivot that I need:

Have you tried soaking it in Evaporust? I've used the stuff on quite a few things to unrust, and the stuff works wonders. Just in case you cant find a replacement pivot

Take it out and add a grease fitting in the side and grease it 99% of the time it will free up. Good time to do the wiper pivot seals also.

I have one that's good, $20.00 plus shipping. Should fit in a small flat rate box for $6.00

1492350996620-1544628321.jpg

Take it out and add a grease fitting in the side and grease it 99% of the time it will free up. Good time to do the wiper pivot seals also.

This is copied from my build thread . . . adding a zurk fitting to the wiper pivot shafts . . .
( I made sure that the fitting would be pointing downward so it could be accessed after the car was back together - that's the black mark )

Center drill the location . . .

sm_wiperpivot01-jpg.jpg

Drill the hole till you touch the shaft . . .

sm_wiperpivot03-jpg.jpg

Grind the point off the drill bit to get more of the hole cleared . . .

sm_wiperpivot04-jpg.jpg

You'll have to grind ( or cut ) the end of the tap to get the treads to cut . . . then tap it . . .

sm_wiperpivot06-jpg.jpg

And lastly . . . install the zurk fitting . . . ready for grease . . .

sm_wiperpivot07-jpg.jpg

I found 75% ATF and 25% acetone works great.

Auto Transport Service
Back