• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper problem

omoskito

Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

maybe somebody has an advice regarding my problem. Last week my wipers stopped moving because of a broken joint. Not a big issue actually but this joint is located in the hole inside the body and I just don`t know how to get there to fix it. It`s the joint where the rod from the wiper motor is connected with the rod in opposite direction moving the wipers. Do I have to remove the wiper motor or the wipers or the whole construction anyhow just to fix a broken piece of plastic worth approx. 5 cents or less?

Any help is gladly appreciated from a person living where rain is very common even in summer...:icon_rolleyes:

omoskito

(It`s a 75 Coronet 4-Door I am talking about.)

Just remove the plastic grill over the cowl. That should give u access. The plastic bushings can be bought at the parts store

Hi d9103365 (difficult nic actually:)),

thanks for your answer but the problem is solved already. Was not only to remove the grill but to remove the wiper motor, the wipers and some other stuff as well to reach the bushing and being able to replace it. Not to forget getting the bushings. Living in Germany and driving and old Mopar means you cannot go to the parts store around the corner and get it but you have to order it somewhere. I did and asked for immediate delivery (overnight). That cost me about 40 Dollars for 3 of these plastic bushings!!!

Omoskito

I'm guessing what you need is 3 of these.
Yeah shipping over there is a pain with all the customs forms etc.
MP-WLB101-1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back