• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Question

gary h

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
My Three Speed wipers are having issues, The wipers function but are Difficult to shut off.You have to "play"with the Wiper knob or Push in knob some times. All 3 speeds seem to work.They don't want "park" every time where they should.So is my issue with the Switch or the Wiper Motor ? I have a NOS switch if needed. Thanks in advance.

I'd check the switch connections first and that the switch is 'tight' in the dash. If no luck, try the new one you have, much easier check than what might have to come next.

I'd check the switch connections first and that the switch is 'tight' in the dash. If no luck, try the new one you have, much easier check than what might have to come next.
Does the Switch get "Grounded" in the Dash frame ? I am going to dig out my nos switch and look at it. Thanks

The switch should ground through the dash, but there could be some contamination that interferes. I had a similar issue and ran a separate ground wire to the switch and everything worked perfectly. The wiper motor is grounded on the firewall with a wire but the switch depends on the dash frame.

I put in quite a few park switches when I worked the dealerships in the early 70s. They could be weird as I recall.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back