• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wipers hitting windshield trim

Jeff Erwin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
1972 Charger Superbee. 'Hidden' wiper blades. Everything is back to original, wipers fit nicely under the trailing edge of the hood, EXCEPT, they are hitting the chrome trip which is sticking up maybe 1/8", just enough to stop the blades from recessing.

If I push down on the trim, pressing it against the body, wipers do what they are supposed to do, but when I let go it just pops up again Taking the trim off and attempting to bend it somehow to get rid of the raised portion seems like it will just end tragically.

Seems like it could be glued down, but that doesn't feel right either. Is there some way to adjust the trim so it lays flat against the body?

IMG_5983.JPG IMG_5984.JPG IMG_5985.JPG

The trim is bent a little bit and needs to be tweaked to lay down or use sealer to keep it down....

Maybe a clear silicon sealer? Easy to cut away if I ever need to remove it, but I don't want to do something stupid like I usually do...

but I don't want to do something stupid like I usually do...
:rofl::thumbsup:
Don't think there's very many.....if any....that hasn't gone down that road lol. If you don't want to pull it off and try to tweak it to lay flat, find something heavy to lay on it that will hold it down flat before you use the sealer. You'll have to use enough to make sure it holds once it sets up and based on past experience, you're not going to want to hold it down yourself while it sets up either. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back