• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper hitting windshield trim!

WesleyK

Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
Just installed my wipers and everything is fine except it hits the trim on top! 15” blades and what I thought were the original arms. Arms measure about 15 1/4 from the outer round edge to the bend. Any ideas, wrong arms maybe? Cars been an 8 year resto and never used wipers from the time I got it till I started tearing it down. Arms are in the correct right and left spots also.

F912DA0D-4697-476B-99E0-A90FD6ACC3EF.jpeg

If the arms are correct then the blades are not. Also, some blades are longer on one side of the mounting point. They may be on backwards.

If you have Anco or Trico arms, they will be stamped, so should the blades be stamped. I think your car should take 15” blades and arms.

If the arms are correct then the blades are not. Also, some blades are longer on one side of the mounting point. They may be on backwards.
yeah I measured and they’re the same. Beginning to think it’s the arms

Here’s a better pic. They’re stamped trico 26 on the bottom. Looks like the wrong arms
image.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s a better pic. They’re stamped trico 26 on the bottom. Looks like the wrong arms
View attachment 1246221
I would look for 15” Trico arms, because Anco doesn’t supply some refills anymore.
66-7 b bodies use a 16” arm and blade. But check to make sure what you need. I mainly know about 66-7.

Looks like you need some 14's. The application says 15" but they are obviously too long. It sounds like the arms may be the wrong ones as noted in other posts.

I just checked mine. 15" blades and the arms measure 14 1/2" from the center of the pivot to the end. Maybe you have C body arms. My driver side wiper wipes 1" from the gasket and the passenger side about 1/2" from the gasket.

I just checked mine. 15" blades and the arms measure 14 1/2" from the center of the pivot to the end. Maybe you have C body arms. My driver side wiper wipes 1" from the gasket and the passenger side about 1/2" from the gasket.
That confirms it, mine measure about 15 1/4 from center of pivot to the bend. Thanks man!

Auto Transport Service
Back