• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW 67 Coronet 500 383 Mauve

YY1

Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
I know where there's one of these that's been sitting for a long time. All parts are there except motor/trans. I'm pretty sure it's a 4 barrel car. Interior needs recovered and door panels, but buckets, auto console and everything else are there. Has both sides new complete quarters, and they did a teriffic job. Is currently in black primer. All glass good. Has 1.5 inch square rust hole on inside pass side front frame horn. Looks lke real easy fix and not a structural threat. Is still factory Mauve metallic in trunk, under hood and jambs, with what looks to be Mauve interior.

What's it worth now and runnig/driving with non-original 383, new interior, and fresh paint? Does that crazy color help or hurt value? If a color change is in order, now is the time.

I've never bought a car to intentionally flip, but this is interesting and I wouldn't mind driving it with a sign in the window. I also know the market is "soft" right now, but I do see nice drivers selling in the 8K range.

EDIT: After looking up paint chips...it could be faded QQ1 dark red poly.

I'd like opinions on this color. Looks too dark for mauve and too light for dark metallic red. Inside trunk shouldn't have faded, and matching interior suggests it is original color.

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 455
  • int.jpg
    int.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 414
Heres a similar 67 Coronet 500 a friend owns.....

Attachments

• 67 coronet 500 3 (Medium).jpg
    67 coronet 500 3 (Medium).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 569
Wow! Nice. What color is that?

Wow! Nice. What color is that?​

Yes... it is very striking.... I don't have access to the codes but will check next time i'm near it.

I think the paint code is "MM" (Bronze metallic), but could be TT, (Med Copper metallic).
The interior trim is S6K, (Copper w/copper carpet.).

OK, thanks. This one is definately NOT copper or bronze.

It almost looks like a dusty rose.

I almost commented that from the angle, your buddy's car looked kind of copper.

Thanks for the input, but it's definately NOT bronze or copper.

Next time I talk to the owner, I'll see if he can read me the fender tag.

Auto Transport Service
Back