• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW '72 Charger w/sunroof

MOBodyman

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I know.........I don't have any pics yet, haven't seen the car either. Anyway a friend has been asking me for a WAG on what this car is worth. It's a '72 Charger SE, 318, auto, with a/c and a factory sunroof. Car has a very nice fresh paint job and is very straight. It has the original vinyl top which is nice. The interior is all original with no splits in the seats or bad places, but it's not 'fresh' as a new interior would be, of course. It has aftermarket wheels on it which would need to be changed out. And of course it's green inside and out.
Anyone know the production #s on the '72s? And who is brave enough to venture a WAG based on this description?
TIA,
Dallas

Greensboro Classic Aution

Yeah, I know.........I don't have any pics yet, haven't seen the car either. Anyway a friend has been asking me for a WAG on what this car is worth. It's a '72 Charger SE, 318, auto, with a/c and a factory sunroof. Car has a very nice fresh paint job and is very straight. It has the original vinyl top which is nice. The interior is all original with no splits in the seats or bad places, but it's not 'fresh' as a new interior would be, of course. It has aftermarket wheels on it which would need to be changed out. And of course it's green inside and out.
Anyone know the production #s on the '72s? And who is brave enough to venture a WAG based on this description?
TIA,
Dallas
Similar vehicle sold 11/9 or 11/2, can't remember, for $8500

$8,000 sounds about right for a 318 car, assuming the interior is green too.

318 with new paint. No other options like bucket seats, console, a/c? Without more I think $8,000 might be too high if it's a bench seat stripper that happens to have a sunroof. And... It's green!

It has a/c. It also has a back top and interior, not green like I thought. My friend sent me one tiny cell phone pic today so I don't have much more info. It's an SE. I think I can see the quarter window louvers in the pic, and it appears to have the hide away headlights. I'll post more info as I get it. Hopefully will be able to get some good pics.
Thanks for the replies,
Dallas

Last edited:
72 won't have quarter window louvers, but will have a small 72 only, SE only window.

http://collectorcarmarket.com/menus/ccmprcs/72docher.html

First time I have seen collectorcarmarket. Can you believe the numbers? I looked up my 71 R/T Air Grabber and it shows #2 value at $28,000 + 5% and 7%. Dissapointment. LOL

I have a line on a 72 SE 440 car here in CA. no radiator support no hood no sunroof panel no interior. but a good solid body with all glass. small wrist holes on drivers floor is it as far as rust.

That site reminds me of the magazine "old cars price guide".

There are a few errors and omissions, but for the most part I think it is fairly realistic for a "guide".

...and I have a sunroof, a rallye hood, a radiator support, and a decent black bucket interior.....

Just 3000 or so miles away.

Auto Transport Service
Back