• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Words you haven't heard in a long time...?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Panacea is one that I haven't heard in a while until tonight on a radio show. These days I hear all kinds of new words that I never heard before and wonder where in a heck did they get them from!

A few words…..you’ve paid too much in taxes, we are sorry and here’s your money back with 100% interest that’s been compounded daily for the last 25 years!

"Remains".
As in human.
Have ya noticed when it's a person of good repute, that they are still talked about in the present tense?
Example: "President Regan is to be interred at Arlington."
Or loved.
"Michael Jackson is to be buried at Rose Lawn."
But if the person is considered evil it's just a thing.
A "body".
Example :
APR 15, 2021

Why Did US Forces Bury Osama Bin Laden’s Body at Sea?​

Political, religious and practical factors all played a role.

(Of course I'm referring to The Media)

Fallow. As in fallow fields. This came up a few weeks ago because our son had never heard it before and asked if we knew what it meant. We 'splained it.
Also " Supercalifragilisticxpalidoshious."

Panacea is one that I haven't heard in a while until tonight on a radio show. These days I hear all kinds of new words that I never heard before and wonder where in a heck did they get them from!
Panacea? Don’t think I’ve ever heard that word before…until now. Is that why you changed your name to “Mr. Cranky” recently? It’s your teacher name? Lol

A word we haven’t used in our house in at least ten years…”telephone”

A chain of words I haven't heard in years, your hair is so thick and full.............................

Three times in one night?
Been a long time since doing anything in one night except for getting up to pee!

Don't recall ever hearing that one!

Parsimonious
Been awhile...

Panacea? Don’t think I’ve ever heard that word before…until now. Is that why you changed your name to “Mr. Cranky” recently? It’s your teacher name? Lol

A word we haven’t used in our house in at least ten years…”telephone”
Uh no

Been awhile since hearing that one too....and bet only the well educated knew it back then.

Auto Transport Service
Back