• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORLD RECORD - 1987 Buick GNX Sale - BARRETT-JACKSON LAS VEGAS

I rather have a 1970 Buick GXS 455 stage 1

aWZcLzE5NzAtYnVpY2stZ3N4LTEuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjo1NDAsImhlaWdodCI6MzAzfX19.jpg

these are a steal today
most the 65-67 GS/Grand Sports are good buys
or were, I haven't kept up

67 Buick California GS 400 #1.jpg

67 Buick Skylark GS 340 HT Advert. #1.jpg

67 Buick GS 400 #1.jpg

67 Buick GS 400 silver.jpg

66 Buick Skylark 401ci Dual 4bbl.jpg

I always thought the GSX was just another GM stuck on the same design? You take grill and tail lights out? Not much difference between Chevelle, GTO, 442 or GS. And GM held this design for nearly a decade?

Just another reason to love Mopar. It's no secret Mopar took far bigger design risk than the other two? Sometimes with winners? But sometimes not.

One test on Mopar vs GM design? Wild colors. Notice how Plum Crazy purple or even a safer color like greens don't look right on Chevelle/Camaro? But Mopar? The design supports wider and wilder color scheme. Much like Ferrari can compared to Mercedes.

Most don’t realize the Stage 1 was not standard equipment with the 1970 GSX
455 was the standard motor with the GSX package

The GSX 455 (Stage 1) was an additional $115 for a total of $1,196 over the standard GS 455

Standard equipment with the GSX package was second to none in the GM camp or muscle car era

Remember this back in the day

A 13.38-second pass at 105.5 mph prompted Motor Trend to crown the GS 455 Stage 1 "the quickest American production car we had ever tested."

1987 Buick GNX

OR

1970 Buick GSX Stage 1

Most don’t realize the Stage 1 was not standard equipment with the 1970 GNX
455 was the standard motor with the GNX package

The GNX 455 (Stage 1) was an additional $115 for a total of $1,196 over the standard GS 455

Standard equipment with the GNX package was second to none in the GM camp or muscle car era

Remember this back in the day

A 13.38-second pass at 105.5 mph prompted Motor Trend to crown the GS 455 Stage 1 "the quickest American production car we had ever tested."
You mean GSX?

My buds 1970 GS 455 Convertible - The real deal , not a Stage 1 however

Lots of work on this

D96DA707-8AF4-47A4-89A7-1ACF749D6244.jpeg
9880EE37-631A-4944-A636-8644744AA2E0.jpeg

I like this one.... a lot

you can keep that faggoty sounding 6 banger ****......they should have turbo'd a V8

65-buick-skylark-grand-sport-candy-red-jpg.jpg

"faggoty sounding 6 banger ****"

Had to write that one down for future reference

I remember at least at our tracks the GS/GSX were really only average. I believe back in the day the availability of off the shelf after market for Buick's may have been tougher to acquire? But they certainly were not dominant. (Also far less in total numbers) Chevy and Pontiac dominated GM's participation. An occasional impressive Ford. And of course Mopar was the scary addition. Hemi of course got the most attention. But I remember some wild looking cross ram Wedge engines and setups that would lay down a number.

I always thought the GSX was just another GM stuck on the same design? You take grill and tail lights out? Not much difference between Chevelle, GTO, 442 or GS. And GM held this design for nearly a decade?

Just another reason to love Mopar. It's no secret Mopar took far bigger design risk than the other two? Sometimes with winners? But sometimes not.

One test on Mopar vs GM design? Wild colors. Notice how Plum Crazy purple or even a safer color like greens don't look right on Chevelle/Camaro? But Mopar? The design supports wider and wilder color scheme. Much like Ferrari can compared to Mercedes.
1968 to 1972 is a pretty short decade. I know they shared glass and some frame dimensions but the GM a bodies had their own unique fenders, quarter panels, hood, trunk and bumpers. As far as that goes, Plymouth and Dodge shared glass and doors between the Coronet and Belvedere line too while the rest differed, but Desoto was gone and Chrysler didn't have a B body before the Cordoba, otherwise you could be saying that Mopar might have had four similar designs as well. And remember, back then GM divisions each had their own engines to further differentiate the platforms. These examples are all the same year - 1971.
151723_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
183957_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
hppp-1108-13-o-1971-pontiac-gto-rear.jpg
125164_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

I like Buicks (since we're talking the General here). But, honestly, I would love to own a Poncho...like this one that I was a c hair away from purchasing a few years back...

1979 TA (2).PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back