• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worse than I thought

67SniperHockey

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Had a few spots down low that had some cracks - which I could tell was bondo from previous owner.

Car still looked good (not a show car by any means) but decided to start chipping away at it. Literally and figuratively.
97F0D736-97A3-4EF9-BE20-F139B6E9CB0D.jpeg
EC387724-471B-4D71-A97E-9FB008862F00.jpeg
0EDB7A89-1131-4A9A-A8C3-E71B2E5FD371.jpeg
4D201813-80D8-42D6-BC3D-37A4B602DDAD.jpeg
More rust and bondo than I thought and was hoping once I started to get in there. Anticipated a few small patch panels - little more than that is needed and more than what I was hoping. But at least I know what I got and can start fixing.

Pretty typical. Door looks like in might have holes. Car had a cave and pave job at some time.

Might as well find it all now so you don't have to go back and do it again. I'm afraid to start chipping away at one of my own!

That 66/67 quarter around the wheel arch is an incredibly difficult area to get correct.

Good luck.

The patch panel that was available years ago for that area is actually pretty good.

I blasted a couple fenders for a friend's chevelle a couple weeks ago. They looked really nice at a glance. Then the shoddy metal work, bondo, and rust holes appeared. Whoever did the work could be a bondo sculptor.

My charger is showing some rust signs and I'll blast it too before long. As they say, where there's rust, there's more.

Thanks guys. First time doing body work on a muscle car. Have done lots of welding and fixing you could say. But first timer here.

Cut out a few pieces in the rear - in front of rear tire area is next which seems to be some pretty thick bondo.

2587559F-B77E-43BE-91DB-14CF7A5FC2EB.jpeg

That looks like a good winter project. Kind of to the point of no return as far as getting any use out of it for this driving season....

1st picture must have been from last summer. It sure doesn't look that nice outside of Best Buy in Apple Valley (which is where it looks like you took the photo) this month so far.

Got the patch panel templates cut out and ready to go. Cereal box trick worked great. Special K and Honey Nut Cheerios - lol.

9A37623F-AC35-48B6-A5DA-77CF043CEE31.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back