• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

worth 500?

JacobEXE

Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
i know this isnt a chevy forum but i trust you guys over anyone else. i found a 72' vega wagon that this guy is selling for $500
its already got a ford 9" rear end under it, 350 crate motor, fitted headers, crager SS wheels, with 14" wide rear tires, and a few more little things. it doesnt have a carb and i believe the engine needs to be rebuilt just for safe measures. he wants $500 dollars for it please tell me if its worth it or not, i dont want a good deal to slip through my fingers.
SSPX0017.jpgSSPX0016.jpgSSPX0015.jpg100MEDIA36IMAG0280.jpg

It wouldn't be worth it to me because I don't want one. Looks like there may be 500 bucks worth of parts there.

500 is a good price if the floors aren't rusted out. Dig the 70's fairs. I'd probably buy it. I like the early wagons. Looks like most of the hard work is done. Could be fun. They are a piece of crap, desposable cars. Need quite abit of reinforcement done if running a high torque V-8

it seems like all of the hard work is done, looks like its all reinforced for the v8. and with me being a 17 year old in a small town full of people with huge ego's i think this could blow most of there cars away.

It's worth $500 in parts and scrap. That's all I'd do with it, but I think a good deal.

It's worth $500 in parts and scrap. That's all I'd do with it, but I think a good deal.
i was thinking about leaving the exterior how it is and slamming a 383 stroker in it. would that be a good car for a 17 year old? lol

it's worth the 500. , but I would just put a quick primer job on it and flip it :eusa_think:

I Would'nt
You Can Put Any Motor In It.
With A Ton Of Work And Money I't Could Run 10's
But At The End Of The Day It's Still A Vega.
You Can Polish A Turd But At The End Of The Day It's Still A Turd.
Mike Z.

I Would'nt
You Can Put Any Motor In It.
With A Ton Of Work And Money I't Could Run 10's
But At The End Of The Day It's Still A Vega.
You Can Polish A Turd But At The End Of The Day It's Still A Turd.
Mike Z.
but im 17what other 17 year old could have a street/strip ready vega?

That Vega was junk when it came out and still is junk. Spend the money on a Mopar that is worth something. All Chevrolets are a dime a dozen. Stay away from junk.

Funs cars,i had 2 with V8s and one had a 302 from a 69 Z28 and the thing was a handfull.Build a $1500 383,heck even a fresh 350 with flat tops and and small cam and you'll shock a quite a few with it.Yes it worth $500 all day every day.

Vega

As many Vega's I stuck a gas nossle in back in 1972 pumping gas..The bottom clip on the Vega is yellow in color I am going to bet that was original color ..This Yellow was a common color on a Vega in 1972...Engine alone worth $500 NO BRAINER TO BUY

Buy it! Yes they are a dime a dozen but that also means a ton of parts to fix it up. You're 17 and having a car means alot at this time in your life. There are a lot of worse things than buying a Chevy heck you could be like a ton of the other teenagers these days, You could want a ricer. In a few years you can sell it and upgrade to something else.

Auto Transport Service
Back