• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth $900?

hawkeye

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
00K0K_2PhhsHUpYIi_600x450.jpg Are these steering wheels in this condition really bringing this kind of money? I thought charger parts were high. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/4472454490.html

You would think that by asking that kind of money, they would clean up the dirt and rust on the backside. In my mind, presentation comes first, if it looks good, then look farther.

I saw one at Don Garlits and remember thinking- hmm, $120's not a bad price for that.

Of course what I didn't see was the other zero- $1200!!!

isnt that the "recall" steering wheel Skyman was looking for a while back?

This is the main reason I'm not into correct numbers matching cars. I want to drive them and not go bankrupt by them.....

Might have been a great price three or four years ago, but not now. Resto-Mania is officially dead, buried, the service was lovely, and the widow never looked better! This is a point I bring up to lots of guys who are still asking top dollar for stuff like this. I also tell them there's only one thing rarer than their part these days, and that's a guy who really needs one. :) The days of folks snapping up parts for resto-to-flip cars is gone, as is the buy-it-now/flip-it-later parts buyers. Now the hobbyists are taking back over, and we're not-for-profit and pay accordingly.

I paid 800 to have my GTX woodgrain wheel redone, couldn't find one in better shape for less.

Ouch. I'm considering restoring my woodgrain wheel myself just for that reason.

(And yes, I believe that is the recall wheel)

Wow. that's twice as much what I paid for my 70 Challenger.

Wow, they must be cool steering wheels, it seems that even Bo Duke uses one on the General Lee.....

Recallwheel_zpsf00f9619.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back