• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1970 Six Pack Engine Block

RoadRunner1970

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi
looking to buy six pack block for 1970 car. Looking for just the block but will consider reasonable offers thanks. Brian

I do not believe there is anything "special" about a 1970 440 six pack block vs. any other 1970 440 block. The only thing "special" I can think of would be the VIN number on block matching the VIN number on the body in an original six pack car.

Some people would still want a 1970 block if the original block is gone, but really any 440 block would work.

I thought they were stamp with an “HP2”, anybody know if this is correct?

I thought they were stamp with an “HP2”, anybody know if this is correct?
Maybe, but if so, then I think all the 1970 440 "big rod" (high performance) motors would also be stamped HP2. '70-'71 six pack motors have the big rods/special harmonic balancer, just like the '70-'72 high performance 440's. I don't "think" HP2 is just for six packs.

Maybe, but if so, then I think all the 1970 440 "big rod" (high performance) motors would also be stamped HP2. '70-'71 six pack motors have the big rods/special harmonic balancer, just like the '70-'72 high performance 440's. I don't "think" HP2 is just for six packs.

The 70/72 block could be stamped HP or HP2 ,the HP2 designates 2nd shift assembly,not sixpack specific.

Auto Transport Service
Back