• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTF is this?

65Bel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Here lately, every time I'm logged onto FBBO, I've been seeing a gray stripe scrolling across the top of the page. This occurs frequently for several seconds at a time and locks the page while doing so. Very annoying! I don't see this on any other web sites that I visit.

Page loading progress. Been there on my phone since before I came to Camp in May. Thought it was just my cell signal being poor that made FBBO so slow... but seeing complaints from others today that are on wifi.

I'm on a PC it's been happening periodically since last upgrade. Sometimes worse than others.

Does anyone have a screenshot of this stripe?

Think it would tough to get one on my PC.
My laptop has a Windows button on the bottom row of the keyboard and a PrtScr (print screen) button the top row. Poke both and you get a screenshot. Right click and "paste" and here you go!

1694615076113.png

Is there supposed to be a grey stripe in those screen shots above. I don't see anything that would cause an issue.

Like my original comment... it's only a page load progress bar. Tech asked for a screen shot so there they are. I caught 3 so you can see it moves. How fast is a signal or provider issue... or website server bog.

Yep, happened to me tonight. Closed the window, opened a new one, waited a minute and reloaded FBBO with no more problems.

Comes and goes. 99.5% of the time absolutely NP.
In the words of Louis CK ....
"Would you give it a minute? It's going to space!"

Does anyone have a screenshot of this stripe?

Here you can see it on and just above the Search button. On the Search button, just below the gray stripe are 3 vertical bars (hiding part of the word Search) that flash on & off like a sequential tail light. It is much more pronounced when you see it live. I'm on a desktop and don't see this on any web site(s) other than FBBO.

1694731522174.png

For comparison, here's a screen shot of what I see when everything is normal . . .

1694733403740.png

Here you can see it on and just above the Search button. On the Search button, just below the gray stripe are 3 vertical bars (hiding part of the word Search) that flash on & off like a sequential tail light. It is much more pronounced when you see it live. I'm on a desktop and don't see this on any web site(s) other than FBBO.

View attachment 1525127
That is a animation notification or whatever it's called. It tells you that the program is loading information. Years ago Windows had a animated hourglass that would tell you. When your computer is thinking the little scrolling bars will be working.

I'm having issues on most of the sites. Must be a server issue.

The website was OK Thursday and Friday. Right now slow as molasses. Getting that bar running across screen. Going from alert page to read an alert get an error message and have to reboot fbbo.

I'm having issues on most of the sites. Must be a server
The website was OK Thursday and Friday. Right now slow as molasses. Getting that bar running across screen. Going from alert page to read an alert get an error message and have to reboot fbbo.
JUst give it time. No need to reboot. My guess is that's something going on with the eserver Joey uses. I doubt he has his won personal server but the server that the site software uses.

Auto Transport Service
Back