• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard find..

I have posted these before as cars that may never be restored.
Challenger R/T 340 4 speed and a aluminum front 64 Max Wedge 4 speed.
Both cars have been sitting for almost 50 years

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

There are associations or organizations for just about anything you name; protection of animals, abuse, property preservation, etc. NONE for the protection of old mopars left out in the elements to rot. Something like a mopar protection association; yeah MPA. Get that ride on concrete and under cover.

If anyone starts this, lemme know how it goes as it could be dangerous work..

Sometimes the seller is afraid they are selling too cheap.

If the owner didn't get mad at the idea of selling, give them print outs of a number of very similar cars and the prices they recently sold for. Then informed negotiations can take place. Once comfortable they know what they have and they aren't giving it away, the owner might sell. In comparing, they will have to look hard on their own car and what it actually is, good and bad.

It's great to get a bragging deal, but paying a fair price instead of getting a run away means you get it, where everybody before you failed.

On the highway I traveled there was a black 1957 Chevy 2 door hardtop. Painted on the windshields front and rear, was a large: "NO". I tend to take people at their word, so I never stopped to ask. It's sat there for 20 years, and then it was gone. What I missed by not being the guy who rudely knocks on the door anyway, was a 1969 Formula S Fastback with a 340. I saw the car and the new owner said he asked about the '57, answer was no, but it happened to be the time to sell a Plymouth. The Plymouth in the machine shed was $600 (less than 10 years ago) I was told the '57 was paid for and it took all those years for the guy to finally pick it up.

I am trying not to be part of this depressing process. Got rid of a bunch of parts at Carlisle for cheap, I think the GTX community benefited from it…
I used to drive from Nevada to Carlisle aprox 3,000 miles. I would vendor and sell at reasonable prices.
At the end whoever was a vendor next to me I would just give them my left overs. Take nothing home.
Well,, I did take the stuff that I bought home...

Auto Transport Service
Back