• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard find..

Big bill

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Came across this 8 years ago and today and I finally caught the owner home and was able to talk to him . It has a Dana and a 440 in it old race car but not for sale he is going to fix it ( as if)

1E7370D0-717D-4A0B-A5BE-70F12CB9243B.jpeg

1BE57A7A-AC4A-41AE-8F98-B23E734442A5.jpeg

953CBAE8-8129-4776-9391-78021D5D75B2.jpeg

20F3A50B-4488-4B2E-9160-8B1977C9CC1F.jpeg

That's sad. Into the earth it goes.

This is America. A man can do whatever he wants with his possessions. Unfortunately those of us capable to restore them have to sit by and watch them deteriorate. So much wasted potential.

For the car's sake, I hope the guy actually fixes it. Too cool to let it die in a field.

I got rid of all the stuff I knew I wasn't gonna 'fix' a long time ago.....

My car was a "Some day" 45 years later it's my some day

Sad these cars are left out in the elements waiting for "the day" I tried to pick up a 70 Cuda...same crap. I must've gone by there 12 times but there it sat until one day driving by I noticed it was gone :soapbox:. Hope it went to a good home because it was in really good shape

Yeah, I'm sure he'll get it fixed up some day! 440'

A friend of mine said he wanted to build a kit, a sports car kit. I have an English car that's halfway through the process of refreshing. Far from a restoration, it's for thrashing. I told him if he helps me finish the car, he can drive it and I'll give it to him in my will. It's fun, sophisticated, and sexy as hell, but not worth a lot of money.
Here's your photo, we have been getting a lot of hail. The chassis is inside and the body has been out just this summer
P1018298.JPG

Last edited:
Took me over 20 years to get a original 69 1/2 superbee complete down to the redline tires sunk in the yard to the rocker panels had to rebody the car .guy had one more in the garage 69 bee original rust free b5 blown motor high option car .put a motor in it and took it to shows car was awsome . never stop trying you may get lucky

I watched a 57 Coronet and 57 New Yorker, both hemi cars, rot for 30 years as they sat on a hillside right below a spring. This was next to nice 2 car garage full of old clothes, newspapers, and a lifetime of misc. crap. I made a couple of offers through the years but the widow still saw them for what they WERE, and would not sell. Eventually she died, and of course the cars were hauled off for scrap and the garage contents went into the dumpster.

Imagine if the garage had been emptied, and the cars placed within? Two classics saved, and more importantly.... her husband's dream would live on. But for some reason, it's nearly impossible to convince any of these owners to do the intelligent thing.

Hoarders are the worst.
I speak from experience here as my inlaws(RIP) were in a league of their own. We always thought it was only the MIL, but after both were gone it was evident they both were. In a 1800 Sq ft home, we gave up after 8 large dumpsters, and that was just the house. There was also 2 - 2 car garages! Long story, but the FIL was well versed in automotive values. He was a mechanic for over 40 years and was always buying some rarity to "fix up". He bought Packards, Model T's, Jeep CJ2a's, Bonneville convertibles, etc.
None of them ever saw a road, and only deteriorated until they were sold off for junk. He did have some rare completed cars also -70 GS Stage1 convertible, 65 Olds 442 convertible but sold them to make a buck.
He saved EVERYTHING automotive, every spark plug he changed, the old one went back into the box, and stored.
It has enlightened me to toss everything I have saved thinking I would use it someday. If I haven't used it (car related) in 5 years, it gets sold or tossed.
Everyone should have to clean out a hoarders nightmare- 2 full dumpsters of frigging newspapers.
Rant over for today.

I watched a decent 1971 Charger R/T (red/black/black) sink into the ground a mile and one half from my house. Another "some day". I stopped driving that way to town so I did not have that crappy feeling every time I saw the car.
Mike

Took me a full month to clean out my brothers garage and property.He died a few years back.
Just a few photos Cars trucks motorcycles and farm/lawn tractors.
He got rid of nothing. Blown 4 cylinder engines stacked in corners from friends kids cars.
Years of doing brake jobs for people. Rotors drums and old shoes and pads ?? why save 'um ??
Parts everywhere. Tons of tools. A 4 car garage and he worked outside because of no room.

0123170746.jpg

0123170731a.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back