• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

yay or nay on scoop?

hemi scoop yay or nay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not that my opinion matters but I voted no, Chargers that year look better stock, the sleek and executive design just seems to flow better in the lines than if it had a scope.

scoop with air cleaner exposed takes away from it......My 2 cents

I would do like what was suggested and get another hood to put on with the scoop. I voted no.

NO - when it comes to Charges between 68-70... I'm more a purist.

agreed, NO scoop. too big, and my wife thinks its hideous but all my mates like it, there all ford guys though haha

000 rods 68.JPG007jkuairgrabberdfd.jpg3233tair grabberdfr.jpgkkjjhhggdfredfgr.jpgrod tn_IM001466.jpgrodsIM001466.jpgI have to agree with the majority here 2nd gen chargers look great the way they are no scoop .
I have seen a few hood scoops i do like on them though here are a couple examples I have collected over the years

Would you be getting rid of the original "fake" ones, if not it may look kind of funny with all of them. If I did it it would be a little lower profile but it's your car and you are the only one who really matters. Like the car and the direction your going with it, keep up the good work.

the fake ones are no longer fake on my bonnet as my boonnet is already fibreglass i thought what the hell and cut them out, hoping for a bit of the hot air to escape. etc.

I looked at your pics again, can't tell anything from the pics "the paint is to damn shiney".

charger68-69CRT20hood.gif

i think the RT scoops look good in a restomod sort of way...
Blade_Snipes_Charger_h.gif

i like the 6pack scoop on an unfinished just kind of hotrod black/primered badass stepchild sort of way. otherwise keep it streemlined the way it is.

That is a beautiful car just the way it is and I personaly say no to the scoop unless its strickly a race car that needs that extra forced air.

Auto Transport Service
Back