• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

yay or nay on scoop?

hemi scoop yay or nay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

benno440

Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
hemi scoop on 68 charger without and with scoop let me know what you think

149149_2515437021442_198119357_n.jpg
133141_2515436341425_835394773_o.jpg

I personally like hood scoops.......I would get a set of the Coronet R/T ram air scoops and the under hood pieces and use them instead.......won't have to deal with any rain water that might get in........
just one opinion........
Nice ride though........

yeh there alright, thanks for the compliment, dont have to worry bout rain where i live it rains once every 2 years here but when it does it floods lol

if we are talkin' 68 Charger....I would not put scoop nor hood pins...but that is my VHO.
BTW; I love 68 chargers!!!

Can't really tell because you didn't include the whole car with the scoop.

love the hood scoop look."blades" car was the best part of that movie.

for some reason I think they look much better without the scoop :icon_scratch:

Car doesn't need it, that color combo stands on its own.

Please Don't Do It.
Thats An Awesome Looking 68
Mike Z.

Last edited:
i wouldnt . if anything , get you another hood to cut on, and just switch them out when you feel like it

I would save that hood and find a fiberglass one with a scoop and go that route. but they do look cool with those scoops.

I think the Chargers look better without a scoop....but...remember the Direct Connecton ad years ago with the '69 Charger? It had a six pak scoop and a front spoiler. Now I liked that look!

Go without the scoop. For some reason I like scoops & spoilers on all Mopars except 68-70 Chargers. I cant explain it,just the way I am.

The scoop looks good on ths one.

Landy1306p.JPG

I was just thinking that. If it was good enough for the Dandy One.....

Auto Transport Service
Back