• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellowstone-the election is over.

it basically is, but spotlights how people move from the population areas to escape the people, high taxes, and higher costs of living and turn those areas into where they came from because its different than what there used to. causing surges in real estate, higher taxes and costs, so that the original locals can't afford to live in the place where they were born and raised. Pretty much whats happening in Montanna florida, tennesee, the carolina's, etc.

it basically is, but spotlights how people move from the population areas to escape the people, high taxes, and higher costs of living and turn those areas into where they came from because its different than what there used to. causing surges in real estate, higher taxes and costs, so that the original locals can't afford to live in the place where they were born and raised. Pretty much whats happening in Montanna florida, tennesee, the carolina's, etc.
Ssshhhwooo, I guess we're safe in Oklahoma. :)

I

I root for the cowboys and to see just how evil Beth can get

that I can get behind..... as I said I like the show. Its interesting I'm a Deputy Warden in a prison and my Girlfriend is the county DA. So we may not always root for some of the main characters

Know how I know you haven't actually watched the show much?

(Hint: It's by how much you get wrong in your little diatribe there...)

You obviously dont know how much or how little of the show I watched.

So they dont brand a certain set of persons they bring onto the yellowstone?
They dont bribe officials?
They dont put their own people into office, then ask illegal things of them?
They havent killed anyone, tried to cover it up?
They havent killed a reporter that was going to expose the ranch because dumbass Jamie for running his mouth.
They havent taken anyone to the "train station" because they wanted to leave the ranch?

I have watched every episode. I like the show, but up to this point I have had very little reason to root for the Duttons. I do like the Monical and Tate story line for the most part and really enjoyed the time they moved the cattle, and then Dutton moved his tent to make sure he didnt have cell reception (which I can totally relate to).

I wasnt quite sure what to think about the story line with Jimmy, but liked how it ended the past season.....but hey, you are right, I didnt watch it.

If you played a drinking game taking a shot every time Beth said F@#k, I bet you would have quite a buzz.
I do enjoy Tate, I think the kid is a good actor. I also enjoyed the summer camp episodes.

You obviously dont know how much or how little of the show I watched.

So they dont brand a certain set of persons they bring onto the yellowstone?
They dont bribe officials?
They dont put their own people into office, then ask illegal things of them?
They havent killed anyone, tried to cover it up?
They havent killed a reporter that was going to expose the ranch because dumbass Jamie for running his mouth.
They havent taken anyone to the "train station" because they wanted to leave the ranch?

I have watched every episode. I like the show, but up to this point I have had very little reason to root for the Duttons. I do like the Monical and Tate story line for the most part and really enjoyed the time they moved the cattle, and then Dutton moved his tent to make sure he didnt have cell reception (which I can totally relate to).

I wasnt quite sure what to think about the story line with Jimmy, but liked how it ended the past season.....but hey, you are right, I didnt watch it.
Let's not go off modifying our original statement here, the only one to date that I objected to...

To summarize:
They have their family property, their ranch. The family owns it, has for generations. They defend it, same way I'd defend
my own property here should it be threatened - but by way of your comparison to a gang and its' turf, well....gangs don't
own the areas they claim as their "turf". Big difference.

Sure, there's a lot of political maneuvering and deal-making going on, but nobody is walking into some elected officials'
office with bags of money on the show.

They don't kill willy-nilly and it's most often not pre-emptive when it does happen.
One of the specific mantras of the show is that John Dutton is guided by a moral compass of sorts; he's big on doing
things the way he was raised to, meaning morally justified. Where the killing occurs is when someone brings the fight to them
first
- then the Dutton response is shall we say, commensurate - as in, that particular threat will never come knocking again.
Proper, far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, that whole branding thing is weird to me also - but at least those folks agree to it for some dumbass reason.
No, they don't "kill anyone who leaves" - and yes, Jimmy is a prime example of this.

It's pretty much a good guy/bad guy show at its' core - with modern twists, a bit of poetic license on the part of the writer
(a whole bunch of nighttime soap opera drama like that old TV show "Dallas"; more than I'd like for sure) and borderline
unbelievable extremes sometimes in their responses to threats, all done for effect (and ratings).
Toss in some rather predictable stereotypes, too.

On the positive side, you can't beat the talent of the actors and the backdrop - that amazing scenery - is integral and
a star of the show in itself. The production values, all the way down to the opening theme music, is top notch and
rivals the best Hollywood movie production, too.
Is it a Top 10 all-time on my old man list? Not yet - but it could be, depending on where it goes from here.

The change has already happened in Colorado. The state is solid blue now.

Beth is an obnoxious cun*. She is a prime example of an immature bully who thinks that her way is the only way and pushes through everything like a bull in a china shop. Crass language from a woman has never been interesting nor attractive to me.

IOW, she threatens the macho alpha-male types because she's their female counterpart.

Monica is the character
I dislike the most, always played/plays the victim
I do like Kayce, Tate
I liked Lee the oldest brother that got killed in episode #1

I like John Dutton's character too, not all of it, but most of it
he will do anything to save the ranch & not go against what
That he promised his own dying 90 y/o father,
the fact that he will not sell not one inch/one acre of the ranch/ever
the violence aside

Rip reminds me of my now-deceased Uncle Tink,
aside from the violence/killing of course
(Tink was a military lifer, a Green Beret col. in Viet Nam
& a Marine Lt./Capt./Maj. in WWII, a leader of real men,
I'm sure he had to kill too, never ever talked about it
)
'he's the son of Huell Houser, 'California Gold' show from years ago
also played in the movie about 1976 HS & Football guys, parting 'Dazed & Confused'
Rip's a huge grizzly bear, on the outside, plays one badass MoFo
with a soft Teddy Bear inner center, he likes (the kids) Tate & Carter, too
his character loves horses, the ranch, John & Beth, (Jamie & Kayce not so much)
he has a huge heart, true loyalty (in his own way), he's willing to do anything
for the ranch or family

Beth's a bitch, a loyal bitch, &/or a royal bitch,
brutal businesswoman/shark/headhunter
That she holds **** against Jamie, that she caused, when she got knocked up by Rip
when she was like 14-15 y/o
(Leave it to freaken' Hollyweirdos to get an abortion into the script/storyline somehow,
how many millions of babies have been killed/aborted/murdered by that ****,
those disgusting acts '
you want to really talk about violence, how about that ****)
&
Jamie was a young teenager, only a few years older than Beth
& barely old enough to drive himself
he was asked by her for help, bad decisions by all
She knew, he couldn't take her to town, so he took her to the Indian clinic
where everyone wouldn't know she had an abortion
&
I'm 100% sure they'd have been required & told Beth
'they will sterilize her/have a hysterectomy'
not just do an abortion (allegedly how it worked at the reservation)

Jamie being adopted was a twist I didn't see coming
glad his 'real father's' character is gone now too, trying to kill the Dutton's

The ranch hands crack me up, especially Tater the blonde girl from Texas

I like Llyods loyalty to the ranch, John & Rip too
Him & Jamie got along great when he was mentoring Jamie
to be a Rodeo/bronk rider

That guy Walker, will screw them over somehow someday

I kind of thought there was gonna be a spin-off with Jamie in Texas
at the 6666 ranch
Like they did with 1883 series, showing Dutton's history

those 2 barrel racers "broads" give a bad name to real barrel racers

I like the show has a bunch of co-producers that also act,
and so does the writer/head producer Taylor Sheridan,
(he was on Sons of Anarchy too)
'Travis Wheatly' reining & cutting horse champion 'character',
he's a real rider too
(used car salesman of big $$$ horseflesh, chasing poontang & drinking)
reminds me of a guy I knew growing up around, in Georgetown Ca. area
around our cattle & bulls, horses, pigs mostly in the Ag dept. at HS etc.

Anyway that about covers it
that's my honest opinion & my views on the subject
It's just fiction, that is addicting/gripping TV entertainment
I don't like some of the political BS or the views of some, on the show
I think Kevin Kostner almost slit his/the shows own throat
with that Chaney BS
your opinions may vary & that's OK too
that's your right to decide, It's mine to 'not agree either'
that's what's still great about America,
for now anyway, becoming less & less every damn day

carry on

Wall of Text Batman -shut up Robin he was talking.jpg

Last edited:
Why the **** does the word **** have to be used twice in every sentence. Costner can go to hell. I leave when the wife binge watches this. Why can’t actors just keep their ******* opinions to themselves.

Why the **** does the word **** have to be used twice in every sentence. Costner can go to hell. I leave when the wife binge watches this. Why can’t actors just keep their ******* opinions to themselves.
Ignorance is bliss. But when they start yapping I don't watch anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back