• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another backspace thread

This is exactly why i think he's got a non-stock rearend in it. Yours is a quarter inch different than his, yet his wheel is two inches from the spring!
Definitely a possibly.

Can anyone tell me the correct length for my rearend? I'll check it in the morning, but I'm sure it's the original rearend.

Measurements are outside axle housing to outside axle housing
stock 65-67 B-Body 54 1/4"
stock 68-70 B-Body 54 15/16"
stock 71-74 B-Body 57 7/8"
Stock E-Body 56 31/64"

Measurements from Doctor Diff website

Can anyone tell me the correct length for my rearend? I'll check it in the morning, but I'm sure it's the original rearend.
From a-bodies drum to drum.....
66-67 59 1/2"
68-70 60 1/8"
71-74 b body 63"
70-74 E body 61 5/8"
The e-body would be just over tw0 inches wider, and inch per side. Might be why you are so far away that you need over an inch more backspace.
(A-bodies has a huge accurate list of rearend widths, c bodies, b-bodies and imperials included)

This is exactly why i think he's got a non-stock rearend in it. Yours is a quarter inch different than his, yet his wheel is two inches from the spring!
Possible the rear-end was shortened

Auto Transport Service
Back