• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another new show Extreme Auto Hunters

Budnicks

Jackstand racer #1 & proud of it, Sir Posts A Lot
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Extreme Auto Hunters,
I've seen 2 episode now, not the worst show, I'll hold to much criticism until I see a few more,
let it develop, see about the characters etc...
Basically;
More guys, searching, talking about, flying around in a small plane & driving around looking, buying
& then flipping older cars,
out of a small muffler-shop,
man & wife & friend

nobody seen this show ?? or have any comments ??

Saw the show. What would you do if a plane buzzed over your house then some jack wagon pulled up and started to climb all over your car saying he was going to buy it? Get the F' out!
Can't watch it.

Nope haven't seen it but what about the show Fat and Ferious have you seen that one ??:eusa_doh:

Nope haven't seen it but what about the show Fat and Ferious have you seen that one ??:eusa_doh:

Started watching it last night. They where yanking the 454 out of a Chevelle. I didnt finish it cause it was late. I dvr'd it. It was mildly amusing watching a couple of fat guys rolling around on the floor. Then 2 other guys go buy a corvette. I will finish watching tonight.
as far as the extreme hunter show. The one show I saw was lame. Flippers. Pass

Started watching it last night. They where yanking the 454 out of a Chevelle. I didnt finish it cause it was late. I dvr'd it. It was mildly amusing watching a couple of fat guys rolling around on the floor. Then 2 other guys go buy a corvette. I will finish watching tonight.
as far as the extreme hunter show. The one show I saw was lame. Flippers. Pass
Yup same one I watched ! Not sure what kinda labor those fat boys charge but tommy the owner stated that they had a 50k budget for that chevell build and as far as I could tell all they did was drop the 572 in it and backed it with a 5 speed trimec ! Really that's it for 50k ??? And the thing only ran a 12.40 in the quarter ! Wow I'm only gonna have 40k in my current project and I'll easily get in the low 10's and not to mention they had no body work or interior ! WTF guess shop labor must of been ungodly ! Think that was a case of to much money and not enough brains !!:icon_fU:

:thinker: who`s calling who fat ,not too many on this site that weigh what they use to ,kinda like calling the kettle black :VB toast::la::rolling:

:thinker: who`s calling who fat ,not too many on this site that weigh what they use to ,kinda like calling the kettle black :VB toast::la::rolling:

Lol think they did more eating then working !!:3gears:

Yup same one I watched ! Not sure what kinda labor those fat boys charge but tommy the owner stated that they had a 50k budget for that chevell build and as far as I could tell all they did was drop the 572 in it and backed it with a 5 speed trimec ! Really that's it for 50k ??? And the thing only ran a 12.40 in the quarter ! Wow I'm only gonna have 40k in my current project and I'll easily get in the low 10's and not to mention they had no body work or interior ! WTF guess shop labor must of been ungodly ! Think that was a case of to much money and not enough brains !!:icon_fU:

In all fairness it went 12.40 with 600lbs of driver and passenger.plus im sure he was shifting for **** and he spun the tires off. That thing would go easy low 11's with a skinny good driver and a sticky tire

In all fairness it went 12.40 with 600lbs of driver and passenger.plus im sure he was shifting for **** and he spun the tires off. That thing would go easy low 11's with a skinny good driver and a sticky tire

It should by all means but 50k for what they did !?? :edgy:
And I'm thinking more like 900-1000 lbs of dude !

last week was the first show and they built a black 69 hemi rt vert clone and sold it for 90 k with a original 1969 426 hemi that they bought for 25,500 and they also restored a old galaxie drag car for some farmer so his son could race it and they ran 11.78 in it good show.they are reshowing the hemi car one on the 33rd if anyone wants to see it

- - - Updated - - -

on the 3rd not 33rd sorry

Has anyone seen Full Custom Garage? This to me me is probably the best car show on. No drama or hi jinx. Just a tremendous fabricator doing some seriously cool builds. Im watching him do a 50' s olds. Crazy build. Its a realistic show and most of all watchable

I've been catching Full Custom Garage.

Ian Roussel is very entertaining. Looks like he gets a lot done in a short amount if time. He is definitely old school and a likeable type of person. Has a true love for cars. Good show...

The guys flying the plane seem like will buy most any crap. He was happy to find a camaro I'm decent shape with grass all around it. I would think you could find a lot nicer looking on the internet and not in a plane. Did people tell them the nice cars are in garages lol

Way too much staging and talking instead of focusing on the cars. All of these producers and directors seem to think building false drama makes a good show.

Has anyone seen Full Custom Garage? This to me me is probably the best car show on. No drama or hi jinx. Just a tremendous fabricator doing some seriously cool builds. Im watching him do a 50' s olds. Crazy build. Its a realistic show and most of all watchable

What station/network is it on, if it's MAVTV we don't & unfortunately won't get it here

- - - Updated - - -

Way too much staging and talking instead of focusing on the cars. All of these producers and directors seem to think building false drama makes a good show.

:iamwithstupid: I think it's that they're "Trying to carry or keep the interest of all the non-car enthusiast, watching"
IMHFO it's like the stupid/lame American Chopper/GYC type drama grab a$$ nonsense,
plug every products, types of formulas

What station/network is it on, if it's MAVTV we don't & unfortunately won't get it here

- - - Updated - - -

:iamwithstupid: I think it's that they're "Trying to carry or keep the interest of all the non-car enthusiast, watching"
IMHFO it's like the stupid/lame American Chopper/GYC type drama grab a$$ nonsense,
plug every products, types of formulas

Yes, its on mavtv.

It makes sense for channels like discovery to try and appeal to the brain dead masses who get off on the bs drama that other reality shows offer. But, velocity and mavtv cater to a specifc audience that is there to see the car stuff.

Last edited:
I've watched two episodes of Extreme Auto Hunters and the first thing that struck me is the prices they are willing to pay for cars. They are essentially offering not much below current retail prices, so what's the deal? Plus the are paying top dollar for low/limited interest cars like Corvairs. Any one try to flip a Corvair lately? Not many people competing for those titles, yet the shop owners are acting like any old car is worth major $$$, which we know is 100% BS.

You watch shows like Fast & Furious that involve real business operations and they're not buying anything that they can't at least double their money on, and they usually start bargaining at about 1/3rd of what sellers expect to get, which is about the right starting point for an experienced buyer. You don't start at about 75% of what a seller asks like these EAH guys do, nor do you care about what's a fair price.

This bunch seems more like a made-for-tv operation.

I haven't seen Extreme Auto Hunters yet, but I did see my first episode of Fat and Furious. They certainly did get that Chevelle going to haul them around in that time! Nice looking car. I'll probably watch the show again and see how it goes..it seems like all the rest though but if they have some cool cars on there, it may be ok

Auto Transport Service
Back