• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You folks up North about to be hammered, Arctic blast on the way....

A702D312-A79D-4E57-AA46-070C03CE1E42.gif

Freakin weather

Blizzard and winter storm warnings issued across central U.S. ahead of major winter storm. Get the forecast. Chevron right

They forecasting for us way south we could stay below freezing for a couple of DAYS, this never happens here. Hope y'all are getting prepped.....it's looking rough for us all.....be safe.
Don't know where you are but it happens here more than never lol. I'm ESE of Houston and most of Texas lost power back in Feb of 2020 due to cold weather. 83 it got down to 11 degrees and around 20* in 85 then iirc 89 and 90 it got pretty cold again but can't remember the others. 2020 had a snow and ice mix in the Houston area and pretty much shut things down for a few of days. I lost power for exactly 24 hours. Freaking morons that run the grid here should know better.....nothing was weatherize including the refineries.

I’m above you a ways in Mineral Wells Texas, this ain’t Texas weather! Where’s the global warming all the “experts” are worried about! :rofl:

581E01BF-CB80-4014-910C-81A82AEAF0E6.png

-26c today is a hell of alot balmier than -36c yesterday.

@chargervert seems you got a few Christmas ribbons ❌ on your responses.. :lol: Going down to 5 here tomorrow night.. Thats gonna feel even colder since it’s going to be 54 degrees 12 hrs earlier and the winds will be brutal they say.. Oh well throw another log on the fire. I feel bad for those who are paying to heat their homes…

@chargervert seems you got a few Christmas ribbons ❌ on your responses.. :lol: Going down to 5 here tomorrow night.. Thats gonna feel even colder since it’s going to be 54 degrees 12 hrs earlier and the winds will be brutal they say.. Oh well throw another log on the fire. I feel bad for those who are paying to heat their homes…
I was thinking about that last night, sitting by the gas fire place having a beer , with the house furnace going, and the garage furnace going, and the water heater going..
And we're paying about 150 a month equalized.. it's actually not that bad lol

I hurt someones butt! Lol

Last edited:
It’s about 56 here & the wind has been roaring for hours. The temp is supposed to plummet later on this afternoon and evening. Lots of twigs and small branches down in my yard.

Projected 32 with mid 20's wind chill overnight tonight and 30-31 overnight tomorrow.

That's pretty dang cold for central FL.

It's been pretty mild "jacket optional" weather up until now. Currently 65 but supposed to lose 15 degrees before 2:00 pm.

Already started here. Right at the freezing mark, soaking wet snow to coat everything and weigh it down and then the wind machine and blizzard is supposed to start later tonight and last through Sunday. Gennies been pre-run and a bath tub filled with water. That way hopefully we won't need either... but I'm doubtful.
20221223_094713.jpg
20221223_094724.jpg

It's 56 degrees here now,but its going to drop to 13 degrees overnight with a high of 20 degrees tomorrow!

When I was playing around in Zambia I was talking to a local about air conditioning. Just about all residences have it. It is pretty much required. I informed them that almost every house in Canada has some form of heat. Obviously, we need that! Now when it comes to AC, we don’t all have that and people can be seriously affected during the hottest days. For you folks in the South with housing not specifically designed for severe cold weather, my sympathy goes out. A hot day is miserable as hell, but a cold day without the proper equipment or attire can be catastrophic. A few hours below freezing and your house can be severely damaged alongside personal injury. Take care down there.

Auto Transport Service
Back