• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys know I'm into '73 Grand Ams.

SteveSS

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
I've got three of them, none are finished. Two 455's and one hot rodded 400. I know a lot about GA's but even I learned some new things. Basically the second half of this video. Not putting down Mopars, I have 4 of them.

1711636625742.png

Thought you might appreciate this.

My Landlady had one back in the day. Pretty sure it was Avocado like our refrigerator was. Or close. Beautiful car. Got the cars to handle at the VERY END of the muscle era.

I like that style but the pointed nose and badly protruding front bumper on that model was pretty awful.
And the honeycomb wheels don't work on that car either.

Those GM colonnade body cars don't get much love. The Chevrolet cars looked great in Nascar trim though.

I like that style but the pointed nose and badly protruding front bumper on that model was pretty awful.
And the honeycomb wheels don't work on that car either.
That pointed eagle-beak was something one had to get used to. I bought a Mopar from a guy who just bought a new GrandAm in 73. White, just like above... I thought it was a cool style. I liked some of the colonnade style cars, the lemans/grand am, laguna, and especially the Can-Am. Still do.

Looks like it would make for a great Snow Plow

What’s the phrase; whatever floats your boat? Remembering the days of how the big-3 changed their body styles and killed their horses after ’71-72 was rather difficult to suck up as a young guy. Yeah, safety and reducing gas consumption. The vehicles took on a granddad look to me, among tons of models. Sleek lines, pretty faces, and assess, went away getting bulky, squared, and bulbous in the wrong places. Name the models say comparing what they looked like btw ’70-‘71 and then ’73-’74. GTO, RR, Nova, Torino, Olds, on and on. MO, cars in the late ‘60’s and very early ‘70’s hit their climax and then gone. Very few rides came ‘back’ again, MO, only by recapturing the look they had back when; the Challenger and the Mustang (before they morphed it a few years after its reintroduction). Failures included the GTO, Camaro, and two-seater T-Bird. I’m sure this is just my age speaking; no knocks to the folks who think differently. They’ve become ‘classics’ in their own right.

I always thought those were awesome looking. The Can Am was cool too

As a kid of 7 years old when the 73’s hit the streets… even then I was sad.

The 73 Charger was the best selling year for Charger sales,from 66 to 74. I believe that the reason why they sold so well,is because they were relatively unchanged when all the other manufacturers cars got new bodies,including the Plymouth b body cars.

The 73 Charger was the best selling year for Charger sales,from 66 to 74. I believe that the reason why they sold so well,is because they were relatively unchanged when all the other manufacturers cars got new bodies,including the Plymouth b body cars.
It was a high for the “Charger” name up til that point. But the ‘68-‘70 cars were much more radical in design because Dodge still had a 2 door Coronet for the less daring. But if you compare ‘73 Charger sales to the Monte Carlo they are less impressive. And the reason the ‘75 Charger looked suspiciously like a Monte Carlo.
071805B4-C1C2-46AB-8D9E-B7C630528291.jpeg
9A444044-1175-4F78-BC74-E389F096CE57.jpeg

The Chrysler production numbers were never anywhere near the GM numbers during that time. For them to sell half of what the Monte Carlo sold was a big deal for Chrysler! They party was over for the third generation Chargers in 74 though.

Sure would like to have mine back, or at least find another one, sold after H.S
IMG_3023.jpeg

Sold for 56 large.
I’m sure the 4 speed helped push the #. But on a different day, with a different crowd, I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t crack 30. I wouldn’t want it over any ‘64-‘72 GTO.

Auto Transport Service
Back