• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Young Mopar Enthusiast looking for some Mopar Vet help!

unionjack1940

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
So, I'm in the midst of having my 71 road runner in the body shop for some minor repairs and a brand new F7 paint job. I purchased the car with strobe stripes, performance hood treatment, go wing, chin spoilers, and valence stripes. Based on the fender tag, can anyone on here tell me what I need to make this thing as close to original to when it was on the dealer floor back in 1971. I know that the go wing and chin spoilers were not standard on this. Here is the fender tag info. Please help!

END
C16
C55
J52
M21
N41
V21
GF7
U
A35
A87
B41
B51
GF7
M6F7
GF7
C15
E65
D32

VIN: RM23N1G159935

Check out mymopar.com There is a decent fender tag decoder on there.

it looks like it was a nice car
where in jersey are you?

26 26 in radiator
END
C16 Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55 Bucket Seats
J52 Inside Hood Release
M21 Roof drip rail moldings
N41 Dual Exhaust
V21 Performance Hood Treatment
GF7
U
A35 H .D. Trailer Towing Package
A87 Road Runner Decor Package
B41 Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10" RR Drum
B51 Power Brakes
GF7 plum crazy purple
M6F7 ?
GF7
C15 ?
E65 71 only 383 cid 4 barrel V8 300hp
D32 69-71 Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission

VIN: RM23N1G159935

Make R = Plymouth Belvedere/Satellite

Price Class M = Medium, Road Runner

Body Type 23 = 2 Door Hardtop

Drive Train N = 383 300HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL

Model Year 1 = 1971

Assembly Plant G = St. Louis, MO, USA

Sequence Number 159935 = 59934th Vehicle

Welcome to FBBO. Love to see pics of that ride of yours.

IMG_2838.jpgDSCN1861_zps129cf820.jpg

The "U" by itself means it was built for USA specs/sale. You could've had a "C" for Canada sale or "I" for International sale (the "I" also included sales to US military overseas, even if the car was delivered Stateside!)

Last edited:
It will be a great car. I wish I had a factory plum crazy car. You ever looked up the Frankenstein road runner?

It will be a great car. I wish I had a factory plum crazy car. You ever looked up the Frankenstein road runner?

His fender tag shows GF7, which would be Forrest Green. FC7 is Plum Crazy (purple)

are you referring to the Wrecks to Riches episode where they buy a road runner thats rotted,and a G code satellite,
and then turn the sat into a GTX,all without ever changing the VIN or!! even putting a gtx Grill in it?
and then Auction this fake off as a GTX for the incrediblly inflated price of 75k....
i wonder if the buyer ever realized what a mixed bag he bought there...
the way they did the marker lights was...not impressive either..
hmmmmmm.......
to the Op,thats a sweet rr you have there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWEWQT4z18

Nice. I have the same car. Had it since 1986 my first car. Still apart but I have it painted in plum crazy orig paint. PM me some pics when done.

Wizard

Auto Transport Service
Back