• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your 1st Mopar

my first mopar was a 1970 barracuda.340 4bbl,slap stick. since then I've had a 71 and 73 cuda. I now own a 68 coronet 440, soon to be a super bee!

My 1st Mopar was this Coronet 500 with 383 cui, bought it in 2000 and sold it in 2007.

coronet01.jpg

coronet06l.jpg

wow that thing is stunning , would be hard to sell it

August 1970 my Dad brought home a Tor-red Barracuda grand coupe&said "happy anniversary Honey!" 383/4v/727,Black int&top.Mom cooled down& we went to Shakey's Pizza in Peoria.Oh yeah my cousin Tommy was always gave me **** cause his Dads 66GTO was faster then my Dads 68 Wildcat Lesbre.After waxing that GTO for 50 miles to&from Shakey's uncle Jim& jr. never said **** again!Yeah I was hooked!

I grew up in a Mopar family, grandfather and father drove Dodge or Plymouth. Older brother brought his first car home in late '71. A '70 Dart Swinger 340 with 9,000 miles. Still looked new. My first car was a '72 Duster 318 3-speed, 60,000 miles, black w/black bucket interior. Traded it and $500 on 2/28/75 for a # matching '72 Duster 340 4-speed Mohave Tan Poly w/ black bucket interior w/16,000 miles. Still have it with a whopping 23,000 miles. Hope to get it on the road this summer with the 414 motor I have sitting waiting for me to get going on it.

August 1970 Dad buys a Barracuda Grand Coupe.Tor-red/blk top/blk int/383-4v/727/3.91 posi."Happy Anniversary Honey!" After mom cooled off we were on are way for friday night pizza at Shakeys Pizza in Peoria. Best of all we waxed my Uncles 66 GTO both ways. I was hooked!

'70 gtx

My first mopar was my first car, too. It was a '70 GTX that I bought in HS. While it was a U code car, it had a 440 6bbl in it from a '69 Roadrunner. Also a factory 4-speed, Air Grabber, Trak Pak car. Originally Deep Burnt Orange, it had been painted black - although the interior and engine compartment were still the original color. I sold it in '84. I actually tracked the car down a few years ago, and it was just a couple of hours away from me after spending time in Michigan. It has since been resold - wherabouts unknown to me at the moment. I had the original broadcast sheet, and I don't remember if it went with the car. I had that and the complete Galen Govier decoding of it (he was doing that for free for fellow MMCI members back then). If I come across that stuff some time, I'll try to get it to the current owner. I can track it down again if it's registered. Forgive the photo quality.

GTX + 009.jpg

My first, was a 70 Dart Swinger. My older brother got me into them. He came on leave from Fort Riley in a 65 Plymouth Belveder. I think it was around 78-79. Ever since Its MOPARS.

'69 Road Runner 383 automatic. Still love the first generation Road Runners.

My dad had a couple chargers a 66 and then a 73 rallye, but got rid of the 73 for his and my moms first family car, the picture i saw of his 73 hooked me on third gen chargers so worked saved and finally got mine, shes not perfect but its my first mopar and a dream car in the making.

1stcruizin001mn4.jpg

1stcruizin003nh3.jpg

inside001pj7.jpg

In 1968 I bought a 1964 baby blue Chrysler Newport connvertible. When it became apparent the draft was about to come knock'n I "volunteered" for the Air Force, the week before I left I took a brand new pair of snow tires and almost ran them bald laying rubber all over town and shooting moons out the back zip out window:yes: Gawd I miss that car

I turned into a Mopar Man when I bought My first car, 1972 Roadrunner. It was in beat up condition and had no motor. My dad and I worked on it and I spent a lot of time fixing that car up. I could have been out with my friends drinking and partying all the time (I'm 17 by the way) but I stayed home and got my car done. Let me tell you, it certainly paid off for me.

Last edited:
I turned into a Mopar Man when I bought My first car, 1972 Roadrunner. It was in beat up condition and had no motor. My dad and I worked on it and I spent a lot of time fixing that car up. I could have been out with my friends drinking and partying all the time (I'm 17 by the way) but I stayed home and got my car done. Let me tell you, it certainly paid off for me.

I'm glad you stayed home to work on your car. It's a beauty and it shows how well you have done on it.

My first mopar was a 69 monaco 4 door with a 383 2v.Had it for a couple months and then traded it off on a 69 charger R/T.Black interior,red exterior with a black vinyl roof 440 4v,four speed,black bumblebee stripe.Paid 500.00 for the monaco,and then paid 950.00 for the charger.This was back in grade 12 in 1977. Finished grade twelve,went to europe for a month and put the car up for sale.After two weeks I changed my mind and phoned home to tell my dad not to sell it and he said too late,it sold a week after I left.I've regretted selling that car for 33 years.

My 1st Mopar was also my first car, my 1973 Plymouth Duster. My mom used to own a Dodge Coronet in her youth and she came across the Duster for sale and told me about it.

I'm glad you stayed home to work on your car. It's a beauty and it shows how well you have done on it.

Thanks man, now I get to do stuff like this with my friend who is also in high school. Any excuse to be like my dad when he was in high school I take it.

You and I would fit right in with each other. Fellow highschooler here who spends all his time in the garage and out with friends with cars.
Our parties consist of work getting done with someone bbqing. Those are the best parties. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back