• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your view on police chases.

We encourage our cops that a criminal is a criminal. A crime is a crime. We love our police protection in my community. Sorry if you don’t like it. Call a criminal next time you want to report your car being stolen.
74753884-B7D2-467C-AE96-EB3C94DEE427.jpeg

My view of police chases? From my rearview mirror. :poke:

If i need to deal with a criminal my first call will be to Smith & Wesson. Calling the cops will be secondary (if at all).

3ccgwa.jpg

Your scenario is not reasonable. So, every traffic violation is going to entail several vehicles while the traffic cop follows the violator like a tail ? THERE'S A REASON THE PERPS RUN ! Most, if not all, have warrants out, out on bail, on parole, etc. etc. Law abiding citizens stop & pull over without incident.
Im sure 99.9% of traffic stops go blue lights, driver pulls to the side of the road. So yes i see very little need for high pursuit. I feel it endangers more people than if you catch the perp somewhere some other time.

Im sure 99.9% of traffic stops go blue lights, driver pulls to the side of the road. So yes i see very little need for high pursuit. I feel it endangers more people than if you catch the perp somewhere some other time.

And when that guy drives off having just outrun a cop what do you think he just learned.... And is going to pass along to all his criminal minded buddies...

I get that there are risks... But the just let them go method only does one thing... Teach criminals being a criminal works...

Some smart person needs to find a way to end pursuits quickly & safely... Without letting the perp get away...

Sam69Sat's idea while a little radical is in my mind preferable to just letting them drive away... If you're running you've already proven you don't mind breaking the law.... Well I'd rather eliminate law breakers that risk innocent lives...

Like I said some smart person needs to find a way to end pursuits quickly & safely... Without letting the perp get away...

And law enforcement needs to embrace that technology....

Quite honestly with 99.9% of the cars on the road being OBDII equipped just focus on those cars, don't worry about stuff built prior to 1995.... Design something that allows a satellite to either shut off completely or limit vehicle speed to 30-40MPH should be doable... Perhaps a laser able to "paint" the target vehicle like Spec Ops "paints" targets for smart bombs...

Or they could make it a felony minimum 5 year sentence and death sentence if someone is injured or killed. That would put a stop to most of the chases. Make the cost too great to be in a chase.

Or they could make it a felony minimum 5 year sentence and death sentence if someone is injured or killed. That would put a stop to most of the chases. Make the cost too great to be in a chase.
The thugs don't care.

Im sure 99.9% of traffic stops go blue lights, driver pulls to the side of the road. So yes i see very little need for high pursuit. I feel it endangers more people than "IF" you catch the perp somewhere some other time.
I respect your viewpoint. But the key word in your final sentence, "if". My thought is, what other crime will the perp commit. Once a perp bails, he/she is now endangering the public with a deadly weapon, and should be regarded as such. My solution ? We have all this "technology". Fire an electrical projectile which immediately, upon impact embedded in that vehicle, shorts/disables the vehicles electrical system rendering the vehicle inoperative.

You know i was raised to respect law enforcement. I’ve always been a law abiding citizen. I raised my children the same. Thru their actions I no long trust them. Will I disrespect them first NO. Ive seen to much damage from their mis-judgment or flat out big egos. Im not saying we should dis-respect them. But its a two way street. And for my interactions with them its not always been the way it should have been. I dont believe a high speed chase thru town is really ever worth the risk.

I respect your viewpoint. But the key word in your final sentence, "if". My thought is, what other crime will the perp commit. Once a perp bails, he/she is now endangering the public with a deadly weapon, and should be regarded as such. My solution ? We have all this "technology". Fire an electrical projectile which immediately, upon impact embedded in that vehicle, shorts/disables the vehicles electrical system rendering the vehicle inoperative.
And most take off because they have a warrant or a record a mile long.

And most take off because they have a warrant or a record a mile long.
Or they have a bag of drugs or a unregistered firearm. Edit: Or let me just say a firearm.

Last edited:
I have had multiple firearms unregistered does that make me a criminal?

99% you cannot rehab a criminal. This wanting to be nice and hoping they change their ways is just not reality. When they go to jail it needs to be hard labor. All of these damn lawyers and the court system is a joke.

BLOG-2018.06.03-A-FAILURE-TO-COMMUNICATE-COOL-HAND-LUKE.jpg

Captain, Road Prison 36:
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

And when that guy drives off having just outrun a cop what do you think he just learned.... And is going to pass along to all his criminal minded buddies...

I get that there are risks... But the just let them go method only does one thing... Teach criminals being a criminal works...

Some smart person needs to find a way to end pursuits quickly & safely... Without letting the perp get away...

Sam69Sat's idea while a little radical is in my mind preferable to just letting them drive away... If you're running you've already proven you don't mind breaking the law.... Well I'd rather eliminate law breakers that risk innocent lives...

Like I said some smart person needs to find a way to end pursuits quickly & safely... Without letting the perp get away...

And law enforcement needs to embrace that technology....

Quite honestly with 99.9% of the cars on the road being OBDII equipped just focus on those cars, don't worry about stuff built prior to 1995.... Design something that allows a satellite to either shut off completely or limit vehicle speed to 30-40MPH should be doable... Perhaps a laser able to "paint" the target vehicle like Spec Ops "paints" targets for smart bombs...
You guys need to watch Fast n Furious two

Auto Transport Service
Back