• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your view on police chases.

Like I mentioned above. There will be no defunding our police dept.As a council member in my town we spend over half of our budget on the PD. We have new cars new trucks and are in the process of paving there parking lot and doing any up fitting they want.

View attachment 1430655

View attachment 1430656

View attachment 1430657

View attachment 1430658

View attachment 1430659

View attachment 1430660

The problem with your reasoning here is that's not your money your spending. It's ours!

Actually, I'm not a cop hater. When we have town get-togethers where community services are present like some firefighters and police officers I go out of my way to greet them and shake their hands. Just yesterday I decided to chow down on my two-piece chicken meal in the parking lot, and right then a local cop drove by. I chose to give him a friendly wave rather than just ignore him.

I think the problem lies with the system that rewards cops on how many busts they make (No matter what) so they tend to turn everything into a major event so they can get it on their record of arrests. For example, why do cops plant drugs in someone's car if it's not to increase their arrest record? With the proliferation of phone cameras, a lot of police wrongdoing is now coming to light. I wonder how bad it was before everyone had cameras.

There are LOTS of videos like this!

I would encourage everyone to know their rights.

Again, DISCRETION by the police in car chases is the important part here.

For you guys saying how you're going to shoot criminals, please take those comments down. They will definitely be used against you should you ever have to defend yourself with deadly force. These experts discuss how comments like that are a bad idea. I'm not saying don't ever use deadly force but be smart.

The problem with your reasoning here is that's not your money your spending. It's ours!
The problem with your reasoning is wrong. It is my money in my county and my town. As a public servant I can spend it the best way I see fit. Defunding is not what our town chooses to do with OUR MONEY. Sorry if you don’t like it. Next time you need a police officer, try calling a criminal instead. No hard feelings, you are allowed to have your opinion. Who knows for how long. Lol

Patrol car should break it off and hand over to an Apache helicopter.

I've always thought they should use these high speed chases as training for our special forces.

thumb-1920-288119.jpg

AH-6-Little-Bird.jpg

It is my money in my county and my town.

Hahaha. When I was about 15 (1978 ish) a bunch of friends were riding with one guy in his moms 53 Ford. It was the first snow and we were doing 180’s on a side street. After about the 3rd one we ended up nose to nose with a county sheriff.

He was pissed!
First thing he said was “You don’t drive like that in my county in my state!”

This is my view on police chases. I do not condone running from the police at all. I also understand that not enforcing the law is feeding into more people breaking the law. I get all of that, But, We live in a police state, and the local police, state police, and Sherriff Departments are no longer police.
They are Military. They are funded, empowered, and equipped like the federal military.
These state and local police departments are funded better than any other state ran agency. There is absolutely no reason for them to make excuses not to use the best equipment that there is available. There are numerous options available to catch these people that run from the police without putting every other life on the road in danger. We have traffic cameras everywhere, at nearly every intersection. Have you seen the camera quality of these cameras? They can zoom in on vehicles and see a zit on the forehead of a passenger in the third back seat. They have helicopters, tracking capabilities, and better ways of stopping vehicles than chasing them at over 100 miles per hour and performing a pit maneuver. about a year ago, There was a pregnant woman whom a state trooper turned on his lights and attempted to pull the woman over on a bridge. She wasn't comfortable pulling over on a dark unlit bridge and slowed down under the speed limit turned her hazards on and continued down the road over the bridge. The state trooper "Thought" the woman was running from him so he performed a pit maneuver on her and flipped the van over on the roof as it skid to a stop. Due to the stress of the accident, the woman lost her pregnancy. The trooper ended up losing his job and the state paid the woman a multi-million dollar settlement. Was it worth it? I don't think so. There are several YouTube channels that almost celebrate the police chases and prop these police up for running these people down. I think it's stupid and reckless, Putting innocent life at risk unnecessarily. I also think that these people that do decide to run, should be facing harsher punishment when they are caught. 1 year in jail minimum.
No probation, no early release. then once they have served the 1 year and they are released they should get 5 years probation. that's for a first offense. Double it for repeat offenders.

The problem with your reasoning is wrong. It is my money in my county and my town. As a public servant I can spend it the best way I see fit. Defunding is not what our town chooses to do with OUR MONEY. Sorry if you don’t like it. Next time you need a police officer, try calling a criminal instead. No hard feelings, you are allowed to have your opinion. Who knows for how long. Lol
You are half way there.
It is NOT your money. It is your towns money. YOU get to spend it as YOUR CONSTITUENTS see fit. You have been elected leader, and certainly can have your own ideas and make leadership choices, so long as it is in line with those that elected you and their wishes.
This is not to say your town does not agree 100% with what you have outlined. It is just your wording and replies don't necessarily reflect that.
Your replies come off as you are the boss and what you say goes. That is the mindset of the one side of the political coin that is creating all these problems in the first place. Don't play the same game they do with your side of the coin or we are all F'd.

You are half way there.
It is NOT your money. It is your towns money. YOU get to spend it as YOUR CONSTITUENTS see fit. You have been elected leader, and certainly can have your own ideas and make leadership choices, so long as it is in line with those that elected you and their wishes.
This is not to say your town does not agree 100% with what you have outlined. It is just your wording and replies don't necessarily reflect that.
Your replies come off as you are the boss and what you say goes. That is the mindset of the one side of the political coin that is creating all these problems in the first place. Don't play the same game they do with your side of the coin or we are all F'd.
My comment was not meant to come off in that way. This is what our constituents want. I represent them. All financial decisions are voted on like most cities. My point was to let everyone know that OUR town loves our police and stand behind them 100 per cent when they’re right. Thankfully we have good offers and smart decisions are made most of the time. Car chases at not promoted but some times are necessary. I’ve been involved with our PD going on 16 years and I will say we have great officers that want to go home to their family daily like us. Thank god they make good decisions. One bad cop can ruin the reputation of others. As for boss, that I’m not. But they count on my guidance to help them make the best choice for the town. They all do great jobs. We all work great as a TEAM. The main complaint we’ve received in the past was that citizens didn’t think that we have enough officers. We have four full time and three part time. We all stay in line with what the voters ask of us. I can’t speak for the larger cites, but we know what works for us.

It's just a problem I have with politicians. They spend, spend, spend the taxpayer's money like it grows on trees. There are lots of towns and cities where a major source of income depends on law enforcement handing out tickets and fines. Oh, and don't forget property seizures, they will literally steal your stuff. It's rampant. I could post 50 videos about cops and city officials using law enforcement to raise big sums of cash. I think city police forces are a lot more about raising money than solving crimes.

If your car is stolen in Denver they will flat-out tell you they aren't going to do anything about it.

Last edited:
It's just a problem I have with politicians. They spend, spend, spend the taxpayer's money like it grows on trees. There are lots of towns and cities where a major source of income depends on law enforcement handing out tickets and fines. Oh, and don't forget property seizures, they will literally steal your stuff. It's rampant. I could post 50 videos about cops and city officials using law enforcement to raise big sums of cash. I think city police forces are a lot more about raising money than solving crimes.

If your car is stolen in Denver they will flat-out tell you they aren't going to do anything about it.

I had an '85 5.0 convertable stolen in
Albuquerque. You are correct in the
fact, the police do absolutely nothing
to help recover your stolen car other
than broadcast over NCIC the vin #.
Police found it in El Paso not far from
the border. Stripped, burned, most all
salvageable parts purposely destroyed.
There are a lot of vehicles stolen every
single day. They simply can't supply
the resources to recover your precious,
and await discovery (if any).
My current vehicle has LoJack, and my
current build will be equipped with the
same. At least there will be some
chance for recovery if it's stolen, and
they can track it.
Also, when I wired up my current
build, I purposely ran all black wires,
with a special keyed security battery
disconnect. If thieves want it bad
enough, they'll have to drag it on a
trailer.

Last edited:
That lower bar on the truck trailer is called the Mansfield Bar. After Jane Mansfield's fatal crash in the back of a truck.

A lot of major crimes, have been discovered just on minor traffic offenses. Example expired plates, one head light, bad mufflers. Why? Because criminals don't care enough to take care of the responsibility to keep their vehicles legal. It's just another tool in discovering crime. Police chases, yeah bad deal. But if we don't stop a major crime against a person, example murder rape kidnapping, the criminal will take banning police chases as his motivation, to keep on repeating the crimes. It's really a no win situation.

My wife's 6 month old Land Rover was stolen, she grabbed the wrong bag and left the key fob in it. The car thief's here look for mirrors not tucked in and jump in trying the start button. The police were notified immediately as she was picking up preordered lunch. They were behind it in minutes on route 78 east heading for the urban area of eastern NJ. They aren't allowed to pursue and the punks know it waving and laughing at them. It could be shut off except it's not a gradual slow down and considered unsafe. I don't think car manufacturers want them recovered as she had a new one in a week paid by insurance and ultimately her. They could reduce it 5mph every 10 seconds until stopped and lock the doors when slow down begins. Enabling them encourages them to be thieves.

My wife's 6 month old Land Rover was stolen, she grabbed the wrong bag and left the key fob in it. The car thief's here look for mirrors not tucked in and jump in trying the start button. The police were notified immediately as she was picking up preordered lunch. They were behind it in minutes on route 78 east heading for the urban area of eastern NJ. They aren't allowed to pursue and the punks know it waving and laughing at them. It could be shut off except it's not a gradual slow down and considered unsafe. I don't think car manufacturers want them recovered as she had a new one in a week paid by insurance and ultimately her. They could reduce it 5mph every 10 seconds until stopped and lock the doors when slow down begins. Enabling them encourages them to be thieves.
They could probably just slip it in neutral and allow for power bakes and steering, coast to a safe stop. I don’t think the police give 2 s about stolen vehicles. Wifes car was stolen out of the garage, along with purse and some firearms out of the house. We made a report. We got the car, 2of 3 firearms, well actually 1 of 3 county has the second firearm after we convinced someone that bought it stolen that the police would be at their door, they turned it in, now police won’t release it to me. **** them! Got some credit cards back. But it wasn’t because police did a damn thing. I drove all over town looking for it while she scanned social media. We did all the leg work and I had to confront known criminals by myself to get **** back.

Several years ago, my son's Accord was stolen from a local mall parking lot. The responding officer was more than polite and professional, and waited for me to come pick my son and his friend up before wrapping things up.

A couple of days later, I called the PD to see if anything happened. Had it been found? Why, yes, that very morning! It was found with the ignition switch busted up and pieces of column on the floor, in a very shady part of town. Got the impound location, jumped in my truck with my hauler, and got it. For roughly 24 hours in impound, it still cost me $195.00 to bail it out of car jail Oh, the best part is yet to come...

Two WEEKS later, I get a letter from the city, saying "your car has been recovered" and told me where to get it....all irrelevant now. Had I not been proactive and called, versus waited for notification, it would've been two weeks of storage plus tow to get it out. At $120.00/day, that would've been over $1,600.00 to retrieve it! Found out the City and their contracted tow yards split the fees 50/50. What a revenue-generating racket THAT is!

Auto Transport Service
Back