• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your view on police chases.

So, the answer isn't as easy or the same for everyone and I knew that would be the case. Things seem better years ago, but that may be what we thought and may not have been true. I've known people that were in law enforcement many years ago and one told me stories that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I knew one that left before he was asked to leave. I believe when Officer Derek Chauvin put his knee on Floyd’s neck for 14 minutes with that arrogant look on his face and excruciated him with all of it captured on a now famous cellphone video that, once shared on social media, set off weeks of protests around the world he made a once no value added piece of **** a famous folklore legend for all of us to deal with. It brought doubt to many about our police department and started a change in the way many voted in order to get even. That death started a trend to run and win offices under the premise of defunding the police department and only added to a problem by helping destroy our faith in law enforcement and allowing the inmates to run free. Now it has come full circle and we feel lost, so as we wonder who the good guys are, never forget that when **** hits the fan and we dial 911, It's not for a plumber or a pharmacist. We hope the police show up with the help we need. I've only known one person that was perfect and he was crucified, so like everything in life I'm hoping for the best. We need law and order and if it takes running those animals into the ground, I say bring it on. I can't help but believe in law and order over the inmates, any day of the week.

The case for high pursuit will always
be one of those debates where there
really is no cut and dried answer.
Just a case in point;
Say your wife and child were carjacked
while sitting in a Walmart parking lot.
The guy stealing her car is desperate
to get away after robbing the place.
He is armed, with a known violent
criminal history, and drug addled.
Would you, or would you not, want
your loved ones out of that situation
as soon as possible? (bear in mind
he's driving 100+ mph in rural
Houston). He's already endangering
peoples' lives, and the police pursuit
hasn't started yet.
Would you just let him go?

All the more reason citizens should carry guns, and stop the criminals - permanently - before they get a chance to run in the first place.

The case for high pursuit will always
be one of those debates where there
really is no cut and dried answer.
Just a case in point;
Say your wife and child were carjacked
while sitting in a Walmart parking lot.
The guy stealing her car is desperate
to get away after robbing the place.
He is armed, with a known violent
criminal history, and drug addled.
Would you, or would you not, want
your loved ones out of that situation
as soon as possible? (bear in mind
he's driving 100+ mph in rural
Houston). He's already endangering
peoples' lives, and the police pursuit
hasn't started yet.
Would you just let him go?
Car jacking he can have it. Kidnapping and he’s driving 100+ please don’t escalate situation be pursuing at high speed. Perp will most likely wreck and most like cause more harm. Im not saying we shouldn’t do your best to keep track of my wife and child. She will most likely have a phone on her person that can be located.

Like I mentioned above. There will be no defunding our police dept.As a council member in my town we spend over half of our budget on the PD. We have new cars new trucks and are in the process of paving there parking lot and doing any up fitting they want.

BA8EEDE1-5FA7-4FD8-839F-CEE1B8A0D51E.jpeg

9C31C7B4-5590-4A1E-A8AA-C409AC1F6717.jpeg

8EB0898B-16BD-4EF6-99D6-A23206387DCF.jpeg

4ACA8709-A1BF-4AD6-AAE2-4A8CDC5EE512.jpeg

A31F80A7-72E7-4120-B349-E5D77DE2D998.jpeg

B3FA0A9B-C327-4DEB-963A-AAE6D54D2C47.jpeg

Like I mentioned above. There will be no defunding our police dept.As a council member in my town we spend over half of our budget on the PD. We have new cars new trucks and are in the process of paving there parking lot and doing any up fitting they want.

View attachment 1430655

View attachment 1430656

View attachment 1430657

View attachment 1430658

View attachment 1430659

View attachment 1430660
Normal here too. $160 million budget here and over half is spent on Police and Fire.

Car jacking he can have it. Kidnapping and he’s driving 100+ please don’t escalate situation be pursuing at high speed. Perp will most likely wreck and most like cause more harm. Im not saying we shouldn’t do your best to keep track of my wife and child. She will most likely have a phone on her person that can be located.
This was an actual scenario that
occurred while I resided in Texas.
When the police started pursuit it
was over an hour before they were
able to stop the guy. Speeds well
over 100mph. It was another hour
or so before they were able to
convince the guy to surrender.
Both the mom and child were
unharmed after the ordeal.
The point is that the guy was
hauling *** even before the pursuit
started.

If it is a legit question...
Many agencies use a contact and cover system. One officer, usually the one who initiates the stop, handles the stop. The second officer stands where he/she can keep an eye on the occupant(s) of the vehicle while the other officer is focused on other things. I don't know why there would sometimes be the need for five cars at a traffic stop, but then again, neither do you.
Five seems like a lot to me. But in this case, it is a hypothetical scenario.

Sir, with all due respect, I am curious as to what facts or data you are using to base your conclusions on? I know for a 100% fact, that accountability within reigns supreme within the state system in PA. I do not agree with any of your speculatory comments. As for the number of cars to make a traffic stop, I am not sure why you would even care? As many as it takes to make certain to every extent possible that EVERYONE goes home or to jail alive is the answer.

BTW- Just an interesting thought, perhaps the individual that is speeding through the community that caused a "totaled cop car" should have to pay for it? Sound like a plan?

I appreciate your opinion as you are entitled to it, but I would sure love to have an adult beverage and a steak with you and discuss things I know to be factually accurate.

You know full well that doesn't happen. It comes out of the city's insurance, which is paid for by taxpayers. The perp might go to jail for a short time, depending on how Leftist the local DA is.

I have less and less faith in the system and the "right thing" happening.these days. People of all kinds suck. And no one has your back but you.

If it is a legit question...
Many agencies use a contact and cover system. One officer, usually the one who initiates the stop, handles the stop. The second officer stands where he/she can keep an eye on the occupant(s) of the vehicle while the other officer is focused on other things. I don't know why there would sometimes be the need for five cars at a traffic stop, but then again, neither do you.
Five seems like a lot to me. But in this case, it is a hypothetical scenario.

Sir, with all due respect, I am curious as to what facts or data you are using to base your conclusions on? I know for a 100% fact, that accountability within reigns supreme within the state system in PA. I do not agree with any of your speculatory comments. As for the number of cars to make a traffic stop, I am not sure why you would even care? As many as it takes to make certain to every extent possible that EVERYONE goes home or to jail alive is the answer.

BTW- Just an interesting thought, perhaps the individual that is speeding through the community that caused a "totaled cop car" should have to pay for it? Sound like a plan?

I appreciate your opinion as you are entitled to it, but I would sure love to have an adult beverage and a steak with you and discuss things I know to be factually accurate.

You know full well that doesn't happen. It comes out of the city's insurance, which is paid for by taxpayers. The perp might go to jail for a short time, depending on how Leftist the local DA is.

I have less and less faith in the system and the "right thing" happening.these days. People of all kinds suck. And no one has your back but you

View attachment 1430655

View attachment 1430656

View attachment 1430657

View attachment 1430658

View attachment 1430659

View attachment 1430660
Going to have them painted up with local police lettering right?
Police need good equipment. The public needs to know they have it.
my local town goes in spurts of buying nice cruisers and painting them up with huge lettering, to buying "undercover" vehicles.
What happens is at first they surprise a few people with some speeding tickets. Then the public(my town is like 3500 people) all know the vehicles and a massive resentment of the "sneaky cops" forms over time, even among law abiding long time residents.

Don't let your town become the "sneaky cops". Having the giant letters painted on the side works as deturrant and public assurance their tax money is going to a good cause and the force is on their side and has nothing to hide.

In regards to chases? They need to chase. So long as there is a reason to do so. Armed robbery of the corner gas station? Yup go get'em. Some kid looked at you funny with their fancy car with the sunroof open and sunglasses on? Get real, why are you even pulling them over?
The public in each community needs to make sure they both support the apprehension of criminals AND accountability of a local officer decides to harrass someone.

my local town goes in spurts of buying nice cruisers and painting them up with huge lettering, to buying "undercover" vehicles.
What happens is at first they surprise a few people with some speeding tickets. Then the public(my town is like 3500 people) all know the vehicles and a massive resentment of the "sneaky cops" forms over time, even among law abiding long time residents.

Don't let your town become the "sneaky cops". Having the giant letters painted on the side works as deturrant and public assurance their tax money is going to a good cause and the force is on their side and has nothing to hide.
Oh yeah, they’re all marked with ghost stripes.
64E7968A-DDE3-43AA-A251-1F0CB7DF86F4.png

I am fortunate to live in a township that charges the highest taxes in my area. I say that seriously, in that we have a well funded police department, with better equipment than the state police, and highly visible, never sneaky, with huge lettering on all the vehicles. Zero crime in my neighborhood. Presence of a few folks with large dogs, and firearms, also contributes to that. Perp wouldn't know what to expect in any given house, not worth the risk. My doctor friend up the street has a .45 which he and his wife shoot on a regular basis.

The township on the other side of the tracks tried the "sneaky" deal a few years back, hiding behind trees on the expressway headed into town. I'm guessing they finally pulled over the wrong Penn State alumni big shot on a game day, and got called out on it. Now the patrols in that area are limited to the PA state police, who have always had a policy of visibility to deter, unless a particular hot spot warrants a ticketing campaign to increase public awareness.

I’m all for stopping bad guys using any means necessary, including shooting them from a helicopter like feral hogs if need be. But here’s a cool thing we saw in Mexico last year:
We are having supper at a nice sidewalk restaurant. Coming towards us you could hear a SERIOUS V8 engine. Not the loud sound of a muscle car, but the sound of a seriously worked on engine. We see the headlights coming towards us but can’t see what the car is yet. Just as it passes by us we see that it is a modern mustang, painted flat black. At that moment, behind it, red and blues come on. It is one of the black Mexican security forces trucks with a belt fed machine gun on top and a bunch of guys wearing balaclavas carrying M4’s inside. Guy in the mustang punches it.
Like y’all I’m a car guy. I’ve seen fast cars. In all of my 62 years I’ve never seen a street car accelerate like that. Honestly, it was like that scene in the opening credits of Star Trek when The Enterprise goes to warp speed. No squealing tires, just ZAP! and he was gone. He flies down to the T intersection, turns left and is gone. The police in the truck pursue but don’t have a hope in hell of even seeing him again.
A few things: that was a freakin’ awesome car, definitely not stock off of the lot. There was some serious suspension, motor and tire work done. And painted flat black, you know it was built to elude the police. And let’s face it; if you’re attempting to outrun a well armed bunch of police in Mexico you are definitely all in, this isn’t a game.

Auto Transport Service
Back