• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zbar

There is a access hole in inner fender well to remove nut of ball stud from frame rail.

All done thank you all so much! Little more than 5 minutes...LOL It took care of my inconsistent adjustment problems and most of my noise which Im still sure the header is till touching the torsion bar just a bit und low torque. I will keep working on that. Im am still interested and would like to know more about the spring on the clutch pedal inside the car. Mine creeks is that why you would remove it? Thanks again....Matt "the axxmann" MacDermaid....www.axxmann.com

If the pedal over center spring creeks spray some grease on it... spring has to be there for a Borgs and Beck clutch, but with a diaphram clutch it needs to be removed.

Oh.. and please renew your photo selection... posing with a Vette' just doesn't cut it around here! LMAO !

If the pedal over center spring creeks spray some grease on it... spring has to be there for a Borgs and Beck clutch, but with a diaphram clutch it needs to be removed.

Oh.. and please renew your photo selection... posing with a Vette' just doesn't cut it around here! LMAO !
Maybe with a Roadrunner instead?....LOL...How do I remove the spring?

Do you have a diaphragm clutch plate?? The spring needs to be there if you have the stock(ish) style B&B pressure plate.

With the clutch push rod disconnected and pedal down to the floor you may get the spring retainer pin out. It has slots to retain it in the inboard oblong hole.
beerestoration2015-2016 1545.JPG

Do you have a diaphragm clutch plate?? The spring needs to be there if you have the stock(ish) style B&B pressure plate.

With the clutch push rod disconnected and pedal down to the floor you may get the spring retainer pin out. It has slots to retain it in the inboard oblong hole.
View attachment 1009907
Ok thank you but why am i doing this....what are the problems if I dont? Just askin?

IF you have diaphragm clutch the peddle can stick to the floor. You NEED to know if you have a diaphragm clutch. If don't leave spring there.

Another way to remove spring is have some washers, push clutch pedal to open coils put washers between coils.

Thanks to all of you for your help all 500ci ran strong today.....Thanks again..
ohh and dadsbee that corvette was a 4 time show winner and I still have yet to write a song about it like my track My Babys Town from my second cd No Fancy Cover.
Axxmann

Well get the song written quick.. you have a Mopar now!!! LOL I sold my wife's '64 Stingray Vert to pay for my Bee restoration! I know.. smart man! LOL

Well get the song written quick.. you have a Mopar now!!! LOL I sold my wife's '64 Stingray Vert to pay for my Bee restoration! I know.. smart man! LOL

Still have a 2004 Commemorative with 9700 miles. Still has tits on the tires.

Auto Transport Service
Back