• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Lost time accident” meaning

What angered me with WCB was their attitude. I was visibly damaged, yet they treated me like I was trying to rip them off while I knew of many, including my own brother who ripped them off for years. To expect me to take a bus for two hours and multiple changes across a large city (Edmonton, Alberta) when I couldn’t even reach into my pocket for bus change was unreasonable. My hand was so damaged that they couldn’t even stitch it because it was too shredded up. You could look inside it and see my bones and cartilage, yet I was expected to take a bus home. It wasn’t the lack of money that angered me so much but the lack of compassion and understanding.
You have a tragic story, sorry to hear. Ironic as some employers would either have someone take the injured to the hospital or call a cab unless it was serious enough to call the paramedics. Given your description, sounds like you should have been transported by an ambulance. I had lectured a few companies not to allow injured employees to drive themselves to the clinic or hospital as some would want to do this thinking they were capable. I reminded them of the possibilities the injured was more seriously hurt than realized and whatever injury they had maybe impeding their ability to drive…then a 3rd party liability lawsuit the employer would face if their worker caused an accident.

No stranger to those who tried to rip off the system as well as the system trying to rip off an injured worker. There have been some skanky ploys with the latter as the objective of an insurance company is to receive the insurance premiums and pay out as little as possible in claims. Lol, no kidding Sherlock. I’m helping a friend’s son with a claim he had three years ago already when he was seriously rear-ended in his company truck = WC case. His neck and back are really screwed up with the company’s WC insurer saying he reached a healing threshold leading to paying medical bills through his health insurer with co-pays…aha…well total BS!

Yeah, my own brother (now dead) made a career of ripping WCB off for years. He was just one of those people. Suing people, ripping off insurance, he genuinely thought that his misfortune was always somebody else’s fault. It wasn’t.
When I was injured my employer drove me to the hospital and made sure I was dealt with, then went back to work. The hospital worked on me for a few hours and discharged me. I had bled out a fair bit, lots of which was on me. I doubt that a bus driver even would have let me on a bus, never mind the horror that the passengers would have felt looking at me. If I recall correctly the cab fare was about thirty five dollars, a lot of money when you only make seven per hour. This was around 1981.

No secret we hear of many who think everything bad that happens to them is someone else’s fault. Well this thread is under GC so will spare comments making this political.

Auto Transport Service
Back