• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 micron fuel filter

EARLY B

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
What is everyone using for the after pump 10 micron fuel filter? Part numbers, photo's of installation ?

I'm running a Jegs filter.
Mike
IMG_1418.JPG

I've been using Fram g3's . Seem to have a larger filter area. Whether they are 10 micron or not I don't know. Been getting them at summit.

As a PSA for ya'll, years ago I was using the Fram racing unit with the chrome canister. It was rated at 10 microns. I still got rust past it giving me many issues. I looked though the Fram catalog, in the back, found there was a replacement cartridge that fit that unit too rated at 5 microns. STILL had rust plugging things up. Then I remembered what rust cannot get by. Magnets! I epoxied magnets on the outside of the can, to keep them from falling off. On the G3 nd similar units, the trans pan magnets in the Mopar FWD and RWD, 604's/46re's etc, have a hole in the center which fit right over the fittings of the inline filters. On the a/m units like Holley etc, you may have to get creative. If you have access to an Ag based store, get a couple of Cow magnets. They are about the size of an index finger. I've gotten those, broken them in half, then using a 3/4" or so hose deposited them through the filler neck into different spots of the tank. Captures the rust back there. Of course if you tank is not steel, won't work.

A micron is .00003937".four one hundred thousandsth of an inch,...correct? So. What kind of an easy to purchase filter is going to filter that, and at what kind of restriction? Are we chasing a number that for practical purposes may not be achieved? I don't have the answers but I do believe that when enough people want something then somebody will sell them the "solution " whether it works or not.

I run carbs and mechanical pumps so anymore I just look for a cellulose filter with a lot of filter area.

I use that Holley cartridge filter with a mechanical fuel pump. Works great and easy to change the filter element.

Thanks for the suggestions, I went with the Tanks filter.

Auto Transport Service
Back