• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

17" rim in the front 15" in rear?

People do it all the time, .5" isn't much. I'd just buy a nice set of spacers that fit well, might talk to a rim shop since they've likely seen both good and bad.

People do it all the time, .5" isn't much. I'd just buy a nice set of spacers that fit well, might talk to a rim shop since they've likely seen both good and bad.
thanks, Billet specialties offers spacers for these i can probly get a set to mock up and see how they fit.

I've seen quite a few 17/15"wheel combos, does not look dumb at all. Looks quite good, nice meaty tire out back with a decent one up front. Honestly have to really be looking to notice, it's not like they're right next to each other. My neighbor wad going this route on his nova to clear corvette front brakes, showed me a few pictures and they looked good .... do a Google picture search, see what ya come up with

I've seen quite a few 17/15"wheel combos, does not look dumb at all. Looks quite good, nice meaty tire out back with a decent one up front. Honestly have to really be looking to notice, it's not like they're right next to each other. My neighbor wad going this route on his nova to clear corvette front brakes, showed me a few pictures and they looked good .... do a Google picture search, see what ya come up with
I did a search and found a few, seems most late model cars have to use this set up because of the size of front brakes does not look bad at all maybe i will just go with a 17 up front. i have to talk to my rim guy see if he will swap out for me. I'm sure hes sick of me by now.

Seen a few s10's running 17 front 15 rear also, I think it looks good. We're only talking 17" here, not 22's !

Anyone against running a spacer I the front? I have 3" chromoly wheel studs. Really trying to exhaust all options to use a 15
If you only use a 1/2 spacer and that's what it takes too clear the calipers then go for it. I would.. **** when I bought my 05 Ram the guy before me had 2.5" wheels spacer on a 20" wheel. Drove it that way for about a year with no problems other then a little off feeling due to moving the wheel out so far. I don't even think you'll ever notice.

IMG_0136.JPG

Early 60s b bodies ran 16" in the front and 15" in the rear. 16" steelies were off studabakers I believe. Here is a pic from bob Mosher. 17" may be a little much but honestly if you think it looks cool then who cares what we think.

View attachment 421498
Early 60s b bodies ran 16" in the front and 15" in the rear. 16" steelies were off studabakers I believe. Here is a pic from bob Mosher. 17" may be a little much but honestly if you think it looks cool then who cares what we think.
Yea he was going for weight trandfer. Personally it looks stupid!

I'm pretty sure my wilwood kit came WITH wheel spacers, and i have them sitting in a box still. They are maybe .250 max though. Your wheels look awesome, and i would run a thin spacer any day before shelling out for a new set of billet wheels...

M&H race master has a 28 & 29.5 x17 drag radial, And M/T has a et street drag radial that fits 17" whelel that is 28" tall

I've seen a car with 15's out back and larger diameter rims up front. Looked cool.

Before ya buy rims or spacers, first mock up the 1/2" using whatever you have in the garage - maybe 1/2" of washers on just 3 studs to get an idea. If it clears, then you have a decision to make.

Auto Transport Service
Back