• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

17x8 wheels with 4.5" BS on front/rear 62 Plymouth fury Wagon ?

rustytoolss

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if 17"x8" wheel with 4.5" backspacing will fit on the front and back of a 62 Plymouth Fury wagon ? Tire size will be 235/60/17 or 225/60/17.

I have that exact wheel on the back of a 57 Chevy sedan delivery, with a 255/50x17 tire, and fit perfectly. I know it would fit on the back of my 62 sedan, (except for the bolt pattern difference) cause I've got a bigger tire than that on it now.
I would consider 17x7s on the front, (that's what I'm using on the 57 and 62) but if you want the same size front and rear, and 17x8, I would go with the narrower tire.
Your wagon has a much more open wheelwell than a sedan in the rear, you can certainly use either on the back.
You might want to consider a 235/55x17. A little shorter, probably a better fit on the front.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back