• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

18 spline Throw out bearing

Houle #382

Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Going to replace my throw out bearing with a clutch change just wondering who makes the best bearing

I think so, but not certain. They are work checking.

I bought mcleod clutch kit and it cam with the bearing. I think you said you’re down the the clutch too? I was happy with mine

I bought mcleod clutch kit and it cam with the bearing. I think you said you’re down the the clutch too? I was happy with mine
I have a new centerline clutch to put in the car, just wondering who has a better throw out bearing

Whatever brand you choose to run, make sure it matches up with the pressure plate you are using. OE Borg & Beck[ 3 finger] takes one type/length, diaphragm takes its own and the Ford style Long unit is yet another. With the advent of the diaphragm style units being used for upgrades, due to softer pedal feel as opposed to the B&B units our cars came with, you need to make sure you get the correct one.

Whatever brand you choose to run, make sure it matches up with the pressure plate you are using. OE Borg & Beck[ 3 finger] takes one type/length, diaphragm takes its own and the Ford style Long unit is yet another. With the advent of the diaphragm style units being used for upgrades, due to softer pedal feel as opposed to the B&B units our cars came with, you need to make sure you get the correct one.
I didn't know this. Where does a guy find the specs for the correct one to buy?

I believe the diaphram and Borg and Beck can use the same throw out bearing.
The Ford/Long style needs a bigger bearing.

Brewer Performance.
I was on Brewers website and they sell two bearings a CB112 and a CB112A both have the identical description the CB112 is $89 bucks and the CB 112A is $59 bucks. The CB112A says a replacement bearing so wouldn't the CB112 be a replacement bearing. Going to call Brewers tomorrow morning

CB112 says made in USA.

These are the assemblies with sleeve so prices are a little higher than bearing only

Have a look at the PP and determine which one you have. Wide 3 fingers is Borg&Beck which is OE. Diaphragm is update/swap type. Many companies supply Diaphragm as it has an easier pedal effort. The assembled height is different between the two PP styles which changes the overall length of the bearing unit. If my memory is functioning, on the B&B style, I think there was a difference in the bearing assembly between 23 and 18 spline too from the input shaft diameter. Could be wrong but something to verify.
Back in my speed shop days, I do remember there was a hybrid PP unit, Borg&Beck Long. Primarily drag strip usage. Combined the Long style fingers with a B&B PP bolt pattern. Never sold one but remember that being offered. For the GM guys, oe with Diaphragm PP's, there is yet another bearing for those because you had a choice of raised diaphragm or flat diaphragm. Upgrades were always raised style.

Have a look at the PP and determine which one you have. Wide 3 fingers is Borg&Beck which is OE. Diaphragm is update/swap type. Many companies supply Diaphragm as it has an easier pedal effort. The assembled height is different between the two PP styles which changes the overall length of the bearing unit. If my memory is functioning, on the B&B style, I think there was a difference in the bearing assembly between 23 and 18 spline too from the input shaft diameter. Could be wrong but something to verify.
Back in my speed shop days, I do remember there was a hybrid PP unit, Borg&Beck Long. Primarily drag strip usage. Combined the Long style fingers with a B&B PP bolt pattern. Never sold one but remember that being offered. For the GM guys, oe with Diaphragm PP's, there is yet another bearing for those because you had a choice of raised diaphragm or flat diaphragm. Upgrades were always raised style.

CB112A is also an assembly
But doesn’t say “made in USA “

Auto Transport Service
Back