• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydraulic Throwout bearing kit help

2blader

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Whelp, Hemi is out for a cam change. Trans will be gone through cuz it is already out. Might as well do the hydraulic throwout bearing too. Need a few opinions on what kit to use. Maybe the kit from Brewer’s? Thanks in advance. Scott

I can attest to the ease of installation and excellent function from the Wilwood master cylinder and throwout bearing as supplied with the Silver Sport Overdrives Tremec 5 speed kit. If they offer a setup to work with an 833, it would be a nice improvement over the stock linkage and bushings.
Smooth, linear action and modern car feel.

I can attest to the ease of installation and excellent function from the Wilwood master cylinder and throwout bearing as supplied with the Silver Sport Overdrives Tremec 5 speed kit. If they offer a setup to work with an 833, it would be a nice improvement over the stock linkage and bushings.
Smooth, linear action and modern car feel.
Not to sound dumb but is there room for the master cylinder for the clutch pedal etc. with a Hemi in there? I am coming over from BBC Chevelles so these Mopars are alien beings.

I would think that these have even more clearance than you'd have with the stock stuff. These use a single hydraulic line through the bell housing where the clutch fork goes through.

SST 449.JPG
SST 450.JPG
SST 539.jpg

Ram, American power train, most will be similar
two issues with all of them, clearances- measure several time and make sure get it right. Clutch pedal alignment- they don’t line up with or connect to clutch pedal properly. May require a little fab work to get travel and leverage correct.

Auto Transport Service
Back