• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962-65 dual quad adjustment/tuning sheet from Carter

sam dupont

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Ran across this sheet I have for my 3705s carbs
P1019965.jpeg
P1019963.jpeg

Hope these are easier to read.

I can read them just fine.

When you post a picture on here it will be in a slightly lower resolution in the post. But if you click on the picture it will appear in a different window with better resolution. FWI

Nice! Thank you much. Here goes, (can hardly wait for these answers) what is difference between a solid seat and a resilient seat on the 3705's?

Thanks again for posting.

JP

Nice! Thank you much. Here goes, (can hardly wait for these answers) what is difference between a solid seat and a resilient seat on the 3705's?

JP

You are welcome. I tried to write a title line that would pop up if anyone did a search for tuning on those carbs.

JP

The difference between the solid seat and the soft seat: solid seat is metal to metal (the screw in seat and the moving stem opened by the float pull clip) and the soft seat (basically the same EXCEPT for a tapered viton tip on the moving stem opened by the float pull clip). The best combination is the soft seat as it provides a more positive, tighter shut off and is less suseptable to dirt.

Great info on the Carter carbs...particularly the 3705SA on the 426 Stage III engines.
BOB RENTON

BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back