• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 4 speed?

You can't use the t10 bellhousing with an 833. Not sure on shifter mechanism, rods are different. Call Brewers, they'll know the details.

You can't use the t10 bellhousing with an 833. Not sure on shifter mechanism, rods are different. Call Brewers, they'll know the details.
Dang, that blows. Guess I’m gonna need a new one of those too and I know those aren’t cheap. Not sure what I’m gonna do now because that means I have to get a bellhousing and transmission. And to think I’m only wanting to do this because my 727 leaks like a siv and doesn’t shift where I want it to… well that and having 3 pedals will greatly improve my fancy for the car! I just hope I can pull this off. I just recently finished college and I’ve been dying to get this swap done before I switch to full time. The shoestring budget my job has me on for this swap never helps. Just hope I can get the right engine and transmission soon because it’s spring and I want to get my car out on the streets!

Not what you want to hear, but………

If funds are low and you want to get back on the road quicker…….. be way cheaper to fix the 727.

Then take the next year to gather up the stuff needed to do the 833 swap.

Not what you want to hear, but………

If funds are low and you want to get back on the road quicker…….. be way cheaper to fix the 727.

Then take the next year to gather up the stuff needed to do the 833 swap.
Well yeah, If I really wanted to I could get the expensive stuff but the car isn’t worth much and I’m trying to go used on the parts. I have a hard time enjoying the car with the automatic too. I put it up for sale because I wasn’t enjoying the car anymore.

Sometimes I think 727's were designed to leak. I've been chasing leaks on my r/t for awhile. I knock them off bit by bit. Strangest leak has been the kickdown band adjuster. Anyhow, sell the t10 stuff to a good home and you'll have plenty of "leak money". Shift kits are simple but hard shifts aren't good shifts. When I was your age it was 4 speed or nothing. Now that I've been 39yrs old a lot of times the slush boxes are more tolerable. Another thought is have you made sure your 440 crank is drilled for a pilot bushing?

Sometimes I think 727's were designed to leak. I've been chasing leaks on my r/t for awhile. I knock them off bit by bit. Strangest leak has been the kickdown band adjuster. Anyhow, sell the t10 stuff to a good home and you'll have plenty of "leak money". Shift kits are simple but hard shifts aren't good shifts. When I was your age it was 4 speed or nothing. Now that I've been 39yrs old a lot of times the slush boxes are more tolerable. Another thought is have you made sure your 440 crank is drilled for a pilot bushing?
Swapped to a forged crank out of a 69. I don’t know if it is drilled but I can look when I get the trans out.

The T-10's were used in big gM cars with big engines...421 Pontiacs, 409 Chevies etc.

Good transmissions. Unless you are going drag racing every weekend use it.

Same with the ball and trunnion driveshaft...plenty strong and easily rebuildable.

Auto Transport Service
Back