• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Polara heater core hoses

ram250098

Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
I am hooking up the heater core on my 63 Polara with a 383 and need to know which is the supply and return hoses on the core and the water pump.
I think the nipple on the water pump closet to the block is the supply line that runs to the heater valve but I want to be sure
Thanks
AL

Last edited:
I believe you're right Al.

upload_2017-5-24_22-52-52.png

LOL I knew it would be you that replied..THANKS Glen..I did one on my 65 Coronet years ago but couldn't quite remember..you going to spring fling Sunday?

LOL I knew it would be you that replied..THANKS Glen..I did one on my 65 Coronet years ago but couldn't quite remember..you going to spring fling Sunday?

Glad I could help Al.

Where is spring fling? Won't be in the Polara unfortunately. You going?

It fits nice and tight in the old one but not even close in the new one..even if I put a bigger O ring on it is still not right..might need to get a rad shop to swap the openings..very disappointed with Classic Industries

It fits nice and tight in the old one but not even close in the new one..even if I put a bigger O ring on it is still not right..might need to get a rad shop to swap the openings..very disappointed with Classic Industries
Glad I read this thread since I need to install the new heater core for my 64 Belvedere that I got from Classic Industries. Do you think I'll have the same issues as you did? If so, I can send it back now & find one that'll work.
Thanks in advance for any info.
* I just read the recent post about the classic ind repop core & correct O ring size, so my question is, will these allow my repop core to work with my non ac setup or do I need to have my orig recored? I just had my orig heater control valve rebuilt by a guy in WI that Suchy recommended & its awesome. He charges $85 & that includes return shipping: Joe Hudacek, (715) 392-6169 www.heatervalves.net

Last edited:
I emailed Classic and told them about the issue and they said they have never had a complaint about the cores...maybe I just got unlucky LOL

I emailed Classic and told them about the issue and they said they have never had a complaint about the cores...maybe I just got unlucky LOL
Good news & thank you for checking with them. Maybe the one I got from them will be ok.

I think it will..I told them it looked like someone swagged mine to make it larger..it was not the same size all the was through.

Auto Transport Service
Back