• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Fury Station Wagon

Could be the 318 mounts. I'm not to literate on those as much as the Big Blocks. Wish I had the book on the St.Louis plant codes so we knew what engine was originally there.

BTW "Poly" is short for the 318 Polyspheric head engine. It's the early 318, wider than the newer LA block.

Engine Support Brackets 62-65B-440 Source

I have to watch what I recommend here as most of my parts/pictures are from the '62 year. Most are the same. This looks like the passenger side bracket that I had blasted. I don't have a pic of the other bracket for some reason. Notice the part number.
View attachment 1393595
I'll try to check my mounts later as I'm going out of town for a few days. So, If my passenger bracket has the same number as yours, and I swap isolators, it may work? Forgive my confusion but I saw you had the link for the BB motor mounts.

Welcome from little Rhode Island. Another early B-body wagon. Gotta love them.

So, I've bought a 600 CFM Edelbrock carb and a 1969 Charger left exhaust manifold. I'm going to try to wire up the engine and hook up a temporary gas supply to see if I can get the engine to start and run before I go any further. Any suggestions?

Big day today. I plumbed up a temporary gas tank, bought a new HEI ignition system, ran a pressure test on the cooling system ( Found another rusted freeze plug, replaced with a temporary repair plug) and attempted to start it. Good crank, no noise, no loud lifter noise, etc. but nothing. Checked for spark, nothing. Called my mechanic buddy and he came over. Performed various check for voltages at the coil decided to switch back to the old coil, nothing. In putting the the new coil coil back on the new connector I'd put on came off. Put a new new connector on we had spark!!!! Cranked the engine, backfired thru the carb. So, my buddy looked at the firing order on my distributor and said you have wired it backwards. I'd used a small block wiring diagram, not a big block. Changed the wires and it started and ran, after probably 40 plus years !!!!!! Had to shut it down from the exhaust smoke in the garage LOL!!

So, where do I go from here? Go ahead and get it where it will start, run up to operating temperature and evaluate the overall condition of the engine. Or, now take it out and rebuild it? I know of no past history of this engine. I appreciate any input.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back