• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth power steering issue

justjim

Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
i want to convert my manual steering to power steering and was told i need the smaller shaft compared to the long one that has manual steering any input would help you can pm me if necessary THX

i want to convert my manual steering to power steering and was told i need the smaller shaft compared to the long one that has manual steering any input would help you can pm me if necessary THX
anyone know what size difference is between the manual and power steering shafts ?

It's not much, an inch or 2?
Finding another column is the best bet

i was told i need a short shaft from a 64 Plymouth power steering car
i would prefer a complete power steering column from a 64 power steering car i don’t need the steering wheel

i may have people confused i am looking for the steering column shaft not the shaft on the power steering gear box

I would think that would require a shorter steering column shaft.

Then just the opposite. Needs a manual coupler and shorten the shaft.
Doug

Ok. My car is factory p/s, am swapping in the Bogeson upgrade which takes a different coupler. If memory serves me correctly, the coupler is different between manual and power. I have the modded unit from BAC for my swap which means the current one will not be used. Let me know if you need one. The shaft is longer between them too but I believe you could shorten the current one, redrill the hole for the big pin the coupler shoes fit onto and be ready to rock.

Auto Transport Service
Back