• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Polara 500 Electric window issues

64polara500Tom

Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1964 Polara 500 hard top

It has electric windows, the driver side front and the passenger side rear don’t work.
Took the panels off and found the motors rusted out and stuck. Applies power and nothing. Got 2 replacement motors and found out that the switch from the 2 windows is NOT switching ground at all. Tested the switch works great. Took it apart and looked amazing inside and I still tested it out GOOD.
Is there a relay somewhere that I can test to see if it’s the reason why these 2 windows have no ground source?

A book I can buy to figure out where the wires go and what could cause the wires to not have a good switching ground signal?

I have a 1964 Polara 500 hard top

It has electric windows, the driver side front and the passenger side rear don’t work.
Took the panels off and found the motors rusted out and stuck. Applies power and nothing. Got 2 replacement motors and found out that the switch from the 2 windows is NOT switching ground at all. Tested the switch works great. Took it apart and looked amazing inside and I still tested it out GOOD.
Is there a relay somewhere that I can test to see if it’s the reason why these 2 windows have no ground source?

A book I can buy to figure out where the wires go and what could cause the wires to not have a good switching ground signal?
Saw your post. I do not have an answer for your problem but I have a 64 Sport Fury and need two power window motors and have been unable to locate. Where did you find replacements? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jim

Search EBay until they come up, then take apart and rebuild them. Mine were so rusted i couldn’t and had to replace unfortunately

Auto Transport Service
Back