• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coronet build

Driver's side

IMG_20210717_081810.jpg IMG_20210716_075141.jpg IMG_20210717_081849.jpg IMG_20210717_081827.jpg IMG_20210717_082346.jpg

Here’s both of them Sorry for taking so long I just got back in town

image.jpg

Ha! Jim I was referring to the splash shield that is on the driver frame rail and possibly passenger.

They are the front splash shields. Just in front of the K member. I can take a picture tomorrow

Ok I know there are two each side secured with wire formed push in fasteners but what's with the metal?

My original question was concerning this area passenger side frame rail. I have 4 or 5 tapped holes which would lead you to believe there was a splash shield on that side like the driver's side.

20190812_205357.jpg

My original question was concerning this area passenger side frame rail. I have 4 or 5 tapped holes which would lead you to believe there was a splash shield on that side like the driver's side.
I only had one on the driver's side. Someone said there was only one. Splash shield for the starter
View attachment 1265995

Dave, that would be the starter splash shield. It has as cut out for the tie rod to pass through. There is also a rubber shield that clips to it that is reproduced. There is no matching shield on the passenger side frame rail. I bought a good used starter shield from Joe Suchy.
View attachment 1265995

So no one has ever seen a splash shield on the passenger side frame rail like what is found on the driver's side??

So no one has ever seen a splash shield on the passenger side frame rail like what is found on the driver's side??
I have a 65 Coronet and know of another Coronet 440, plus a 65 Coronet 500 and none have this shield. Hope this helps.

Yeah me either. Very odd that I would have the tapped holes spaced out exactly as the drivers side. Oh well, another mystery yet to be solved I guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back