• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coronet build

Mine is routed inside the roof structure with the passenger side across the center and into the roof frame work and down to the mounting point. Hope this helps, hard to explain
I'll route it that way and look at it

Motor and transmission is in

PHOTO_20220120_152328.jpg

Awesome build so far. Great color. I'm really jealous. I wish I had the time, experience and resources to redo mine to this degree. I'm just hoping my brother has time to get the 440 stroker build moving along in the next month or so. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Where does shield fit into the picture? I don't see it in the service book.
Got this feeling there should be 2.

Thanks

View attachment 1194887

My passenger side frame rail has the tapped holes in the frame same location but no shield. I will get photo tomorrow.

If I had a good picture and measurements.......
Jim since this post I located that power steering return hose shield from placing a wanted add here on FBBO. Member rarefish had one. Here are the pics. It's galvanized and has a part # of which I'm trying to find again.

102_6871.JPG 102_6868.JPG

Glad to help! Paint looks great! Your entering the fun stage! Enjoy!

Jim those access plates each side of shock tower should be black. Both sides.

20220130_214558.jpg

Also the insulation under intake should not be visible.

Also the insulation under intake should not be visible.
Basically just push it in further to hide?
I have the Shield but the intake is too low for fitment. I remember shields installed in the 70s. Not sure on 65

Yes...towards rear. Which shield are you referring to?

Something has to be done with that pwr steering pressure hose!

Something has to be done with that pwr steering pressure hose!
I had gotten 2 power steering hoses with the car. The metal ends were unbent. I did not know if you would have to bend them to fit.
I got a bent one in place now

Oh you're talking about the real thin metal that gets mounted towards the rear with the three belly pan bolts and holds down that insulation in place.

Jim my only experience with those is on a 77 Cordoba 400 can't speak about 65

Auto Transport Service
Back