• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coronet Radiator Shroud

Here is a picture of the wife's survivorish 65 Coronet. I believe the routing, at least how I learned it, is inner to outer. It is also one of my buddies biggest pet peeves. The heater will work the other way but better in this arrangement. Hope it helps.

65 heater hose.JPG

I had some engine heating issues after rebuild of poly. I was lucky enough to find an OEM shroud on eBay for around a 100 bucks. Sanded it down and painted. I also snagged a 7 blade fan to replace the 4 blade...from a forum member later adding a top seal. As I understand, they were more opted to be factory-equipped on police/taxi and AC cars. At one show was parked next to an original 426 car and go figure, it had a 4 blade and no shroud.

Ply Fan Shroud.jpg

Bargains , had to find., I did find this and had mine done. I hadn't even thought of getting it rebuilt till I heard a comment that they always leak. I'm rebuilding my heater box and this is the last item to get,View attachment 1010669 $85.00 and turn around time was 1 week
Might a been me whining about my leaky heater valve. There was an aftermarket valve when I got my car that wasn't rebuildable. I found an original one at old Van's bone yard and rebuilt it. I think my hassle was an incorrect size O-ring and tried a couple with no luck. A fellow member was kind enough to send me a correct size ring; but never got back to installing it. On da long list of to-do's.

As I stated in my text, there isn't anything regarding which hose goes where (that I could find). otherwise I wouldn't have bothered the forum, Thanks for your direction

UPDATE: I did find the printed info in section 1 under accessories, heck of a place to put heater info HahaHa

Interesting - thought police/taxi, and A/C vehicles got a shroud. But here the terminology "Box" and "Ring" something I wasn't aware of.

Auto Transport Service
Back