• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Plymouth Satellite 426-S a Spy car??

Willy Wedge

Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Cheers all,
Will here,
i am new to site and have a neat old Satellite that was purchased new by a Scientist.
The car was sold at his estate sale in 2017. I just put car back on road after much TLC. i wanted to know if anyone had info or 1st hand knowledge of the Hi-po
Mopars going to VIP types like CIA,SPY,Scientist, & such?? The story was that most of the Hi-po Chrysler cars where steered into the hands of VIP types. Not many Hi-po cars built to start with and very few went to common folk.It is common knowledge Chrysler worked close with the government. My car was built at Lynch road plant. Any information,stories or first hand knowledge of this would be interesting and awesome! This is a famous model kit of a Government VIP type getting ready to jump in and shred the tires on his 1965 Plymouth Satellite 426 wedge.That spy could have a lot of fun in that empty parking lot huh ! Any input would be great !

Will

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

@dadsbee :poke:

I saw this in the Welcome Wagon earlier

It's still a story, interesting story of an individual's cars tale

cool scale model kit

yes,
Chrysler Corp supplied a lot of govt. federal agencies with cars/trucks etc.,
of all kinds, some spec cars to specific agencies too

Have any real paperwork, proof or sales documents or org. reg,
to back up 'the story' etc. ?

Back then order it ala carte', with a 426 street wedge or Max Wedge

this is a member here's car,
65 Satellite Max Wedge, don't think he is a Scientist or CIA, G-man
65 Satellite 426ci Max Wedge ilm65@ FBBO.jpg

Last edited:
I'd bet mostly racers bought them,
some of them very well-connected guys with Chrysler Corp too

based on the Belvedere
get a Lightweight A990 Hemi too
65 Belvedere A990 AFX Plymouth Drag Race Car Adert. #1.jpg

Last edited:
@dadsbee :poke:

I saw this in the Welcome Wagon earlier

It's still a story, interesting story of an individual's cars tale

cool scale model kit

yes,
Chrysler Corp supplied a lot of govt. federal agencies with cars/trucks etc.,
of all kinds, some spec cars to specific agencies too

Have any real paperwork, proof or sales documents or org. reg,
to back up 'the story' etc. ?

Back then order it ala carte', with a 426 street wedge or Max Wedge

this is a member here's car,
65 Satellite Max Wedge, don't think he is a Scientist or CIA, G-man
View attachment 1479478
Hey, that is original color of my car i think, my car was Ruby red. That car has a max wedge set up. That would have been race only 1965. The 426-S was a single 4 barrel. Yes, have docs on car, here are some stickers on automobile

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

426 Max Wedge was not factory available in 1965 Belvedere or Coronet.
The 7 liter 426 was maximum displacement wedge in 1965 but was not the max -wedge race only dual carb engine. You could order all kinds of Race only fun stuff back in day

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

A max wedge could not be had in any car after the Hemi made its debut in the 64 model ye
A max wedge could not be had in any car after the Hemi made its debut in the 64 model year.
Tell that tale to Norm Kraus. Ole Norm was putting 426 Max wedge into 1966 cars! Man had Biggest Dealership in US. That is MR Norm to you

Norm Kraus 1966 ! That is Mr Norm to you.
Seams ole Norm's biggest dealership in USA would dispute your information !

IMG_0877.JPG

426 Wedge special ordered by Norm early 66 sure... Max Wedge.. ah ... no. You sure know how to join a forum insulting long standing members

Last edited:
426 Wedge special ordered by Norm sure... Max Wedge.. ah ... no. You sure know how to join a forum insulting long standing members

Was not the 426-S when it left Norms dealership. Was built to Max - Wedge specs with cross ram and such. Posted a little tid bit

Norm Kraus 1966 ! That is Mr Norm to you.
Seams ole Norm's biggest dealership in USA would dispute your information !

View attachment 1479693
And where in that blurb does it say he used any Max Wedge parts on that Coronet? Especially when the factory was not producing, nor had they produced any max wedge parts in over 2 years.

Look guys i read wickipedia to! But a lot of stuff went down back in day with mopar and other brands as well ! I sugggest you do your own research on Mr Norms cars and his parts supplers

Yea, you guys are right how would the biggest dealership in USA ever come up with max wedge parts?? The performance dealership of Chrysler could never do that. Your perception has been a bit off all day there dadsbee ! Good times & Good luck to all !!

Yea, you guys are right how would the biggest dealership in USA ever come up with max wedge parts?? The performance dealership of Chrysler could never do that. Your perception has been a bit off all day there dadsbee ! Good times & Good luck to all !!
I read the article you provided, that’s where I got my info. And nowhere in that article does it mention a thing about the 66 Coronet having any Max Wedge parts on it at all. You know the 426 wedge was available as late as 66, so technically it is a 426, but to make it a Max Wedge would require the heads, which were not reproduced, the exhaust manifolds, which were not reproduced or available after 1964. So, better post a better argument than 1/2 an article about a 66 Coronet that Norm built. And you’re getting all this information from a magazine? Rock solid proof, bud! Rock solid!

Auto Transport Service
Back