• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1966 426 street wedge complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

olscooldodge

Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1966 426 street wedge , engine is complete, block stamped B426 1 20, CASTING # 2532230-2, HEAD CASTING # 2406516-7 DATE CODE 01076, INTAKE CASTING # 2206000 DATE CODE 12.7.66 This engine is complete and has all accessories. I will be pulling it out of my 1955 Ford F100 pick-up soon , It is connected to a 727, push button auto trans dash control for this trans will also be removed and sold with the trans. any one who has any interest in the engine or trans please reply. I will be posting pictures asap.
Since I over looked the requirement of having to put a price on this I will have to put it on Ebay to determine the value. I put it on this site since I felt it would do this engine more justice to find its way back into a chassis where it belongs. I appreciate the true value of this old engine finding its way back into a chassis that deserves the authentic nature it can provide to someone. It is for that reason I could not put a value on it, I am open to a fair price but I would like to see this engine go to a person who truly has been looking for the correct numbers/date code engine to complete their project. I as a life long car enthusiast know how gratifying it is to finally locate the correct pieces to finalize a project, after all isn't that the fun of it all? P.S. Thankyou for having the opportunity to post this.

Last edited:
That would be an awesome engine to drop in my 66 Belvedere. How much you asking for it?

Pictures need engine pad.

When did they quit making the 426 wedge? My 65 would like that also. Need a price in your add or it will be deleted.

I also heard 65 but this is from mymopar "2532230 426 1964-66 RB Wedge & Max Perf."

Im very interested in that motor and live in ontario. Lemme know!

Could it have been from a industrial application.

..or a replacement block?

P.S. The following books were used for my info , Catalogue of American Car ID numbers 1960-69, list 1966 Coronet as 426/365 HP Single 4bbl.Casting number came from THE ULTIMATE AMERICAN V8 ENGINE DATA BOOK 1949-1974, HP BOOKS , BIG BLOCK MOPAR ENGINES BY DON TAYLOR. ALONG WITH A TON OF INTERNET INFO. Although the more info I review the discrepancies become greater??? I am going to remove this engine and tear it down and document all casting numbers and info, Since this engine requires rebuilding I may just sell it as is, disassembled cleaned and all critical parts astro-fluxed and magna-fluxed and pressure tested or completely rebuilt to Mopar specs

1966 426 mopar & 727 push button auto 001.JPG1966 426 mopar & 727 push button auto 005.JPG1966 426 mopar & 727 push button auto 006.JPG1966 426 mopar & 727 push button auto 009.JPG1966 426 mopar & 727 push button auto 008.JPG1966 426 mopar & 727 push button auto 002.JPG1966 426 mopar & 727 push button auto 010.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the pics I promised, there is a considerable amount of interest in this engine/tans, on Ebay which runs out in 5 days. However there is a B Body member that I feel would benefit from this combo which as I stated I would like to see this installed between the wheel wells of period correct car regardless if it is a clone or not. I love these old dodges and the uniqueness of them, this is coming from a person who races a Camaro, owns a 96' Dodge dually diesel, Durango which I bought new and a 2012 Jeep Grand,all of which are great vehicles.This 426 I just pulled from a 1955 Ford F100 which we are going to retro rod it with a 12valve Cummins to pull a 1955 Airstream. What can I say we love all of them regardless of make6, as they say , re-use, recycle restore don't crush em'. Thanks Ron

Well I wanna thnk fellow member olscooldodge for the motor pictured above! What a good guy and great deal on a rare piece. The numbers dont lie and how people weren't fist fighting over this is beyond me! Lol!

Well I wanna thnk fellow member olscooldodge for the motor pictured above! What a good guy and great deal on a rare piece. The numbers dont lie and how people weren't fist fighting over this is beyond me! Lol!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my ad!!! I am extremely happy to see this engine trans combination going into a very well deserving car and it's devoted owner. I am looking forward to seeing this project upon completion I think it is going to be a great car. He brought the car to my place and I think it is a great car now with the bent six, but it is going to be even greater with the big block 426 muscle.Thanks all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back