• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Belvedere 1 Hemi, ***NOT MINE**

There is one on eBay that has been on awhile it’s red with guts $66,000 buy it now .

There is one on eBay that has been on awhile it’s red with guts $66,000 buy it now .

There's indication that that car has major issues. No mention of fender tag. Poor restoration. Could have even more problems in person.

I'll add and using my own car .

Back in Jan I was offered 125k and believe it to be a real deal offer.
About the same time I also received an offer of 150k but deep down feel that guy was fishing. Both were turned down flat. My car is not for sale.

So I honestly feel real world value is out the window if the right buyer is looking .
I understand older prices don't mean a lot, just history. 4 speed cars are pulling down big bucks, aren't many of them in convertibles.

I would think a greater percentage of the 66 Post cars got raced and cut up.

Really need Pre resto photos and/or careful in-person knowledgeable inspection
Yep, But doubt they exist.
That car is at a dealer. AND has been for sale for at least a year. I was told thru a few reliable sources the car is a rebody.

Which brings up a question, Whats it worth if true

here is the original window sticker

IMG_7489.jpeg

I would think a greater percentage of the 66 Post cars got raced and cut up.

Really need Pre resto photos and/or careful in-person knowledgeable inspection
ya this car was moderately raced , non professionally, but it sat more then run . it hit the street briefly, as a sleeper. your welcome to have a look , it is as clean underneath as it is on top …one of 57 built ! make no mistake this is not on ebay, not at a dealer since 1966 .this one never cut or hacked . never any rust or major hits ….stored inside it whole life …

View rece.jpeg

@hdwrench & @Jeff Peterson : thanks for knocking my door, gentlemen.

Yes, it is me running the 1966 Belvedere I HEMI-registry (RL21H6) and I am happy to crosscheck if this car is already on my list.

Need to update my list anyway, as the buddies over at moparts.org named me 1 completely new car and could tie down the VIN to a car already on the list.

@barracudabee : thanks for telling about your friends car. It has very good history with only 2 owners and documents plus is kind of a survivor, so that will definitely raise the $$$ your friend can expect or at least promote a fast sale.

@all: what makes the RL21H6`s so super special is, that they were nothing less than the fastest MOPAR you could buy in 1966, either street or strip. Reason is, there were no RO/WO, BO/LO-cars in 66.

And Plymouth being always more bare bones than Dodge plus being 1” shorter in wheelbase they were lighter plus had better traction => faster...or fastest, as already mentioned.

And for being the fastest MOPAR you could buy in 66, they today are exceptional reasonably priced compared to the RO/WO, BO/LO-cars of 64, 65, 67 & 68.

For whatever reasons, the RL21H6`s got overlooked in the past.

Last edited:
Bingo, that car is new to me: in my list 1 of 4 cars in QQ1 dark-red metallic, of those 1 of 3 automatics.

Cool & nice rare car, & out of my price range...
what asking price I'd be willing to spend, for that year, it's still a beautiful car
price I don't know, I'll defer to people who know them better
(& I'm much more of a 68-70 guy too)

Auto Transport Service
Back