• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger--big write up but wrong engine

696pack

Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261112996787

According to the V.I.N. listed and the info on the fender tag in the pictures the car has a 361-2 from the factory according to the fender tag. Under the AB on the tag it shows 51 which is the fender tag code for a 361-2 CID engine not a 383-4. The car may currently have a 383-4 OR it may still be the original 361 engine. Someone has made some changes to the car as it would have originally come with "V8" emblems in place of where the 383-4 emblems are now. The V.I.N. also indicates it is a 361-2. I sent the seller this info but so far they have not ammended the auction description to reflect this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261112996787

According to the V.I.N. listed and the info on the fender tag in the pictures the car has a 361-2 from the factory according to the fender tag. Under the AB on the tag it shows 51 which is the fender tag code for a 361-2 CID engine not a 383-4. The car may currently have a 383-4 OR it may still be the original 361 engine. Someone has made some changes to the car as it would have originally come with "V8" emblems in place of where the 383-4 emblems are now. The V.I.N. also indicates it is a 361-2. I sent the seller this info but so far they have not ammended the auction description to reflect this.

It gets worse... The fender tag and certicard list the body type as a "RH41" which decodes as a 4-door Belvedere! :-(

Last edited:
Notice the zero feed back too.

It gets worse... The fender tag and certicard list the body type as a "RH41" which decodes as a 4-door Belvedere! :-(
If the VIN is correct then maybe it is a 383 car and the Belvedere was a 361.

I agree. The Certicard and fender tag do not belong on this car. The VIN does tell us a car (this car?) came with a 361-2
XP29F61201694

Auto Transport Service
Back