• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger just painted --- Paint ZZ1 Citron Gold --- is it gold or green?

Gentlemen!
thank you so much for this information. Thank you @toolmanmike. Now I am sure and it is definitely the color of Alberts Coronet or of Maxrats Coronet. So if I go to my local paintshop here in Germany and I tell them that I need a 1966 Dodge ZZ1 clour, they won´t understand. I checked different pages to find out which color code it is today. So I can show up at my local paint shop and can tell them what I want. @Maxrat: The only thing I found is e.g. 1966 is ZZ1 is 22511 Dupont. Is this correct? Or which manufacturer specification can I give to my local paint shop? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you again! VolkerView attachment 948749 View attachment 948751

I'll have to get the paint info for you. The painter added tints to make the paint match the original paint in the door jams, under the trunk lid, and in the engine compartment. The paint he ordered was too gold looking -- it needed more green.

I'll have to get the paint info for you. The painter added tints to make the paint match the original paint in the door jams, under the trunk lid, and in the engine compartment. The paint he ordered was too gold looking -- it needed more green.
Dear Maxrat, if I can get your actual color code, this would be pretty magic. This in an information, I hardly can get in Germany. I am really looking forwar to it! Thank you! Volker

Gentlemen:
I did again an intensive web research and I found a post tonight which says: ZZ1 Gold Poly is:

Nason 97806 IB 6220 Spice Gold

@727 found that Plymouths "spice gold" for 1966 is also an option for ZZ1.

But I prefer to wait for your advice @Maxrat, since the color of your pictures is so close to mine! Thank you again for all your effort.

Regards
Volker

Look what I found! 3 stars! *** "Use DDL-22511 on Dart Models....
It seems to me, that it wasn´t easy even in the good old days.

Volker

MoparColors-1966AllDodge.jpg

Note: at the very beginning of the chain of posts, look at the picture of the rear of the Charger. The paint behind where the tail light assembly goes is original paint. Also. the paint where the rear bumper goes is original paint -- also the overspray on the gas tank. This is a very hard color to match.

HA! You guys are all wrong. My car is ZZ1 also and has a slight black tint. Actually the original owner painted it 35 years ago and did a pretty good job.
IMG_0435.jpg

Gentlemen,
Thank you for all your help. I went to an advanced paint shop. They scaned the color and made a match to existing car colors. The result is, that the "Dourado Monjave" of FIAT LANCIA fits with a likelyhood of 80%. So, problem solved and I inform you about the results!

Thank You!

Volker
IMG_2611.JPG
IMG_2612.PNG

Dear Maxrat, if I can get your actual color code, this would be pretty magic. This in an information, I hardly can get in Germany. I am really looking forwar to it! Thank you! Volker

Sorry for such a long delay. the paint is 2002 BMW Pearl Beige with a little black and dark green added. The labels on the can have paint dripping all over them and I can't get you the codes.
Ei7V2t2bMNycPZM8TKWX1wShN6ThRfnt4U8op7Fv6pgzJs7u22zGtQFEfl6gAA7YJznSCL3Ae-KimepVfHvFLgN1Js_o4s8A.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back