• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet 440 field find

Parts car

I found a parts car to donate towards the 67 front end. Not all complete but a good start. Now I have a problem. The car is too good to cut up and crush! Frames, floor and trunk are about 90% good, maybe better. I was pondering cutting out the quarter imprints for my 66 too. I even thought of using this body but the 66 is still far better condition. Damn another car sitting around that I really didn't need. I did get an 8 3/4 housing with axles and heavier springs, I'm using the pass door, upper and lower T-bars, a good back seat, V8 k frame and various other gidgets and gadgets. I guess I will have to find somebody local who wants to start a project now!
IMG_1312.jpgIMG_1313.jpgIMG_1314.jpgIMG_1303.jpgIMG_1292.jpgIMG_1297.jpgIMG_1298.jpgIMG_1302.jpg

You cant save them all. I always looked for more door cars for donors so I wouldnt fall in love.

I found a parts car to donate towards the 67 front end. Not all complete but a good start. Now I have a problem. The car is too good to cut up and crush! Frames, floor and trunk are about 90% good, maybe better. I was pondering cutting out the quarter imprints for my 66 too. I even thought of using this body but the 66 is still far better condition. Damn another car sitting around that I really didn't need. I did get an 8 3/4 housing with axles and heavier springs, I'm using the pass door, upper and lower T-bars, a good back seat, V8 k frame and various other gidgets and gadgets.]

If you don't need that bumper I would be interested in it.

I can see you are a little biased! Nice car.

You cant save them all. I always looked for more door cars for donors so I wouldnt fall in love.
I have been looking for more doors with no success yet. I will likely give this one to somebody to salvage the rest off of it.

If you don't need that bumper I would be interested in it.
The bumper is deceiving......it has two rust spots out near the ends. I will shoot some pics if you want. It can be repaired but will need re-chroming.

Nice score! I missed this thread earlier. I'm surprised it's in such good shape sitting so long.

The bumper is deceiving......it has two rust spots out near the ends. I will shoot some pics if you want. It can be repaired but will need re-chroming.

Yeah shoot a couple pics if you can, I may be interested if the shipping isn't crazy. I have a 66 bumper for my 67 now but would prefer to have the correct one.

Well I have been collecting up some parts. I have picked up a pair of bucket seats, in great condition, a console with shifter, a new carpet, red, still new in the box, some seat tracks, Thanx to CAL, discs off of a 76 Coronet to convert and a sway bar to go on as well, thanx to a good buddy hear in town, a set of headlight surrounds, Thanx to kb67mopar, and finally a fuel tank with sender and grommet from 521 Restorations. I'm not sure what the tracks are from originally. I glass blasted and painted them. I installed one set tonight and put a seat in to see how they look, man I'm happy. The tracks I got are adjustable, up and down and back and forth. The front bolt on the inner track is about a 1/2" behind the factory divet for buckets but the other three lined right up. I played a bit and got it quite level and comfortable. Next I am going to mock up the interior to see what red and black would look like, just a possible color combo.

IMG_1320.jpgIMG_1323.jpgIMG_1322.jpgIMG_1334.jpgIMG_1335.jpgIMG_1333.jpgIMG_1332.jpg

Lookin good, those seats look great in there.

Thanks for the plug, as always a pleasure doing business with ya. (I take it they showed up without being bashed up by the brown monkeys?)

Today was a welding day. When I removed the V8 k member from the parts car, I found an old repair that probably was strong enough, but very ugly. So I ground it out. It appears the control arm took a very large hit at some point! My buddy welded it back up and it looks 100% better. The next task was to repair a 67 hood that someone had cut for a scoop. The problem was they cut it right to the back and left no structure for strength. The same buddy had a 69 Coronet hood that was damaged so I cut the repair section out of it and we welded it in place. It is not an exact match, but close enough for me. I didn't replace the sheet metal as I don't know where the air cleaner will be yet. Once the engine is installed I will complete the repair.

image.jpg
IMG_1338.jpgIMG_1341.jpgIMG_1355.jpgIMG_1356.jpg
The hood.....
IMG_1342.jpgIMG_1344.jpgIMG_1348.jpgIMG_1351.jpgIMG_1349.jpgIMG_1354.jpg

Where did you find the section to repair that with? Looks good though.

Also if you wouldn't mind sharing, how much was the hood scoop and who made it?

Thanx. I cut the patch out of another hood. As for the brand of the scoop I have no idea. It is an old one the same buddy had laying around. It is similar to the one on ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hemi-Hood-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item417735b130&vxp=mtr, but it has little tabs on the inside to rivet or weld to the hood. Here is a link to Mopar Direct connection products, http://www.campbellenterprises.com/hoodscoops.php, but they aren't available anymore. I talked with a guy on FABO about the ebay one and he was quite happy with it. His too had the little tabs inside though unlike this current one I posted the link to.
Here is another link with a Dart scoop etc. http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/Factorystylescoops.htm

Well despite Greyhounds best efforts to damage my pieces, Elephantengine's packing job outdid them! Just got a dash pad, crossbar grill and bezels to go with.

IMG_1363.jpgIMG_1364.jpgIMG_1367.jpgIMG_1369.jpgIMG_1366.jpg

"Envy" that's probably number 2 on my list after my Charger "I would love to score one to restore. Congrats on a sweet deal and a great car. If you get sick of one sitting around I'll take it haha. Good luck

I am glad those seat tracks worked out you did a real nice job cleaning them up and painting, thanks for the plug, your car seems to be coming along nice, keep up the good work looking forward to following along as your project progresses, if there's anything else I can help my neighbor to the far north out with let me know I have access to several parts cars.

Thanx CAL. Those tracks are awesome. Sure glad you took the time to photograph all the different sets you had so I could end up with the proper fitting ones. I really appreciate the extra effort you gave.

Starting to take shape, giving me motivation too! I ordered Sherman patch panels for the rear quarters from Rock Auto. I'm away at work for two weeks, when I get home it's time to start cutting steel.

photo.jpg

Starting to take shape, giving me motivation too! I ordered Sherman patch panels for the rear quarters from Rock Auto.

Just take your time and fit them well, for the most part they are decent but will not be a headache free process...

Auto Transport Service
Back